Alternate Electoral Maps II

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first attempt at adding to the discourse on this forum. This is just a start of a outline for a future election

2076 election
Presidential Nominee of the Democratic Party Isabella Boisbelleau-Greene
Louisiana Governor 2069-2076
55 years old
Born August 12th 2021 Mobile Alabama
Bachelors in Education University of Mississippi 2044
Masters in Education Administration
Texas A&M University 2046
Superintendent of Greater Baton Rouge Public Schools 2048-2055
Ph. d in Education Louisiana State University 2054
Mayor of Baton Rouge 2057-2065
Professor of Education Policy at Louisiana State University 2066-2068

Democratic Party Vice Presidential nominee Kendrick Alexander
Former Senator of Maryland
2053- 2071
Kendrick Alexander
Born July 14nth 2014 Arlington Virginia
62 years old
West Point Graduate Class of 2035
Born January 7nth 2014 Arlington Virginia
Master Sargent Air Force North Nigerian War 2035
Air Force Major Anatolian peace keeping operation 2038-2040
Masters in International Relations
American University 2045
Executive of Veterans for Progress 2071-2076

Former Treasury Secretary 2069-2074
Former Mayor of Brooklyn New York 2058-2069
Republican Presidential Nominee
Marcus Katzen
61 years old
Born June 31st 2015 New Haven Connecticut
Bachelors in International Finance Yale University 2037
Masters in Economics London School of Economics 2040
Second Bank of Shanghai 2040-2043
New Bank of China 2043-2044
HSBC Holdings 2044-2052

Republican Vice Presidential Nominee
Dutch Newsom-Glenn
60 years old
Born February 24 2016 Kent Woodlands California
UC Berkeley Bachelors in Spanish & Theology 2036
UC LA Journalism Accreditation 2038
UniVison America Reporter 2039-2042
NBC Bilingual Broadcast Anchor 2043-2046
Assistant Secretary of Latin American Affairs 2046-2052
US Ambassador to Mexico 2052-2060
80th Secretary of State of the United States appointed by President Dominque Ozül ( R) confirmed 72-32

Safe democratic states 207 ECV
California 58
Texas 45
Florida 33
Virginia 15
North Carolina 16
Georgia 20
Arizona 15
New Mexico 5

Safe Republican States 189 ECV
Illinois 18
Indiana 9
Ohio 16
Pennsylvania 17
Michigan 15
Wisconsin 9
Minnesota 10
New York 26
Maine 3
New Hampshire 3
Vermont 3
Connecticut 5
Missouri 8
Iowa 5
North Dakota 4
South Dakota 4
Nebraska 5
Kansas 5
Wyoming 3
Montana 4
Idaho 5
Utah 8
Alaska 4

Swing states 142 ECV
Massachusetts 9
Rhode Island 3
New Jersey 13
Delaware 3
Maryland 13
D. C. 3
South Carolina 10
Puerto Ricco 3
Alabama 8
Mississippi 9
Tennessee 10
Kentucky 6
West Virginia 4
Louisiana 9
Arkansas 5
Oklahoma 5
Colorado 10
Nevada 7
Oregon 8
Washington 12
Hawaii 4

That's too many swing states, I think. unless the country becomes far less polarized by then.

That's too many swing states, I think. unless the country becomes far less polarized by then.

People have a tendency to assume the 1932-1992 period is the norm for American elections, when in fact it's the fluke. Several slow realignments going on, lots of chaos surrounding incumbency, and a huge proportion of landslide elections that muck up the data completely. The norm up to 1932 was for the vast majority of states to be safe, and from 1992 onward it's become the norm again.

People have a tendency to assume the 1932-1992 period is the norm for American elections, when in fact it's the fluke. Several slow realignments going on, lots of chaos surrounding incumbency, and a huge proportion of landslide elections that muck up the data completely. The norm up to 1932 was for the vast majority of states to be safe, and from 1992 onward it's become the norm again.

Are you saying that in the future, more states will be competitive?

It's more swing states but their numerical ECV total is rather standard for a competitive total of swing states not all together that different from now. I'll flesh it out more but I basicly envisioned California, Flordia and Texas being Solid " dem states " like our California in 2017 while the Mississippi basin and upper south is Florida 2000-Michigan 2016 at its closest to Ohio - flordia style classic swing state statues.

It's more swing states but their numerical ECV total is rather standard for a competitive total of swing states not all together that different from now. I'll flesh it out more but I basicly envisioned California, Flordia and Texas being Solid " dem states " like our California in 2017 while the Mississippi basin and upper south is Florida 2000-Michigan 2016 at its closest to Ohio - flordia style classic swing state statues.

What do the parties coalitions look like in this scenario?

[also I don't see there being a United States of America still exsisting in 2076 of our current polarized racial political grid lock continues.
QUOTE="Keeganc2020, post: 15487040, member: 102875"]It's more swing states but their numerical ECV total is rather standard for a competitive total of swing states not all together that different from now. I'll flesh it out more but I basicly envisioned California, Flordia and Texas being Solid " dem states " like our California in 2017 while the Mississippi basin and upper south is Florida 2000-Michigan 2016 at its closest to Ohio - flordia style classic swing state statues.[/QUOTE]
Al

What do the parties coalitions look like in this scenario?
Politics have become more pragmatic over all and technocratic. But over all the driving conflict in the 2076 election is the strain brought on by climate change. The Republican north wants to cut their loses and abandon the South to its fate which mostly amounts to cities like New Orleans Miami Houston are doomed.

Also the Democratic Party is a South / Western Party that claims to campaign the common working person. It favors a targeted social assistance as opposed to the " wasteful " Basic Income that the Republicans love and wish to end the New Deal and Great Society once and for all, albeit ironically via an even more radical left wing idea. The democrats are quite allergic to immigration and down right xenophobic when it comes to illegal immigration not so much out of racism as the democrats find suppprt almost equality from whites and Nonwhites and the racial distinctions are akin to the continued expansion of whiteness that saw the Irish, Italian, and for the most part European Jews become part of White America over the course of the 20th century. Protecting the national prosperity is what the Democrats call their strick anti immigration policy in terms inspired by Tragedy of the Commoms, the openness and fact that an Illegal Immigrant attempted the DNC in 2016 is as strange to the democrats of 2076 as the KKK attending the 1920 DNC is today.
I'll expand this in more detail when I have time but just to hint the Republicans are Radical Neoliberals the likes of which even most contemporary Europhiles would find idealistic... they want to tear down borders and have a seemless flow of capital, goods, and people.

QUOTE="Keeganc2020, post: 15487073, member: 102875"]Politics have become more pragmatic over all and technocratic. But over all the driving conflict in the 2076 election is the strain brought on by climate change. The Republican north wants to cut their loses and abandon the South to its fate which mostly amounts to cities like New Orleans Miami Houston are doomed.[/QUOTE]

Also the Democratic Party is a South / Western Party that claims to campaign the common working person. It favors a targeted social assistance as opposed to the " wasteful " Basic Income that the Republicans love and wish to end the New Deal and Great Society once and for all, albeit ironically via an even more radical left wing idea. The democrats are quite allergic to immigration and down right xenophobic when it comes to illegal immigration not so much out of racism as the democrats find suppprt almost equality from whites and Nonwhites and the racial distinctions are akin to the continued expansion of whiteness that saw the Irish, Italian, and for the most part European Jews become part of White America over the course of the 20th century. Protecting the national prosperity is what the Democrats call their strick anti immigration policy in terms inspired by Tragedy of the Commoms, the openness and fact that an Illegal Immigrant attempted the DNC in 2016 is as strange to the democrats of 2076 as the KKK attending the 1920 DNC is today.
I'll expand this in more detail when I have time but just to hint the Republicans are Radical Neoliberals the likes of which even most contemporary Europhiles would find idealistic... they want to tear down borders and have a seemless flow of capital, goods, and people.

QUOTE="Keeganc2020, post: 15487073, member: 102875"]Politics have become more pragmatic over all and technocratic. But over all the driving conflict in the 2076 election is the strain brought on by climate change. The Republican north wants to cut their loses and abandon the South to its fate which mostly amounts to cities like New Orleans Miami Houston are doomed.

So basically, this would be like the New Deal era, except the South would mostly be competitive?

So basically, this would be like the New Deal era, except the South would mostly be competitive?
Yes only it's not a solid South , most States are very very close all the time but so particularly and predictably close that they don't reseve much attention Northen / Great Lake States are the most republican and have a reverse flordia effect with wealthy southerners living up north to escape the horrific southern summers and they eventually settle down their. And their isn't really a strick racial aspect. The most important predictor of which party you will vote for is your wealth, and where you live.

1864:

View attachment 339998

Sumner/Conkling: 230/57.1%
Johnson/McLellan: 41/42.9%

PODs:

West Virginia is never split from Virginia

The war is ended relatively soon after Sumner''s inauguration (April 10th, 1864)

Sumner and the Republican congress Institute extremely harsh terms for re-admittance into the Union.
(85% of registered voters must pledge allegiance to the Union, all officers and statesman of the CSA are banned from public office for life, all slaves must be freed immedtiedly, federal mandates are given to freedmen appropriated from former slave owners lands. Basically the OTL radical reconstruction plan)

13, 14, and 15th amendments pass per OTL, but are enforced this time :p

More please. I love it when the Radical Republicans get their way.

1896 (and possibly before) to 1988 is the true criterion. Every election (except 1944) in that had lower polarization than every election since.

Joe Manchin vs. Susan Collins from their positions and assuming every state votes for the closest candidate.
upload_2017-8-20_19-52-17.png

Manchin: 173, 48%
Collins: 365, 50%
KY, WV, VT, and ME are the biggest wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.