Alternate Electoral Maps II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I left the four states I think are the most battleground blank because I don't know which way they could go.

O8LwE.png

Winning equals Florida + one of the others, or all three of the others.
Surely it would have to Florida and Michigan or Pennsylvania as Florida and Wisconsin would bring Trump’s ECV to 269 and the other two would leave the Democratic ticket with 269 as well - hence no one wins.

Surely it would have to Florida and Michigan or Pennsylvania as Florida and Wisconsin would bring Trump’s ECV to 269 and the other two would leave the Democratic ticket with 269 as well - hence no one wins.
Right. Was calculating from the Dem side.

Right. Was calculating from the Dem side.
l suppose then you’d be right with what you said. But from a Republican angle, it doesn’t work.

Additionally, @Ben Crouch why do you have the Maine 2nd as Democratic when Trump would still hold it with a 5% swing to the Democrats and despite them gaining the seat this November, the Republican incumbent still came first in the first round?

fair maps.PNG

everything is done sans CA, which refuses to work for me right now.
UT-03 is the most R seat, at R+34.29
NY-08 is the most D seat, at D+44.3
both of these record likely survive when CA is taken into account.

Would be an interesting twist if it ends in 269-269 and the D house decides the election...
Just because the Democrats control the house, *doesn't* mean that the house would vote to support the dem because the "vote" is by state delegation, and I think the Republicans still control a majority of those.

Just because the Democrats control the house, *doesn't* mean that the house would vote to support the dem because the "vote" is by state delegation, and I think the Republicans still control a majority of those.

If I remember correctly, the GOP controls 25 delegations, the Dems control 23, and two delegations are split evenly.

Status
Not open for further replies.