Alternate Electoral Maps II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that Blankenship has lost the Republican nomination, I would be curious to see how you think Manchin will do against Morrissey.

I think something like the 2016 Secretary of State election, where the Democrat (shown in red) won by about 7%:

zxfRfGZ.png

I think something like the 2016 Secretary of State election, where the Democrat (shown in red) won by about 7%:

zxfRfGZ.png
That map looks somewhat similar to the 2016 gubernatorial election, when Justice beat Cole by roughly the same margin. How would a Manchin vs. Jenkins race have looked like?

An exercise in implausible running mate combinations of 1976: George Wallace / Jerry Brown vs. George Romney / Strom Thurmond
L4ID3bm.png

What do you guys think would make the map in my latest alternate UK general thing possible?

Kennedy staying on, for one. Trying to find a way for Labour to bleed more support away to the Lib Dems (longer stay in Iraq?) and keeping the Tories limited in the polls through policy flubs or scandals could work.

Maybe Prescott comes off as short-tempered and erratic in the Prime Ministerial debate versus Kennedy who's honed his television savvyness for over a decade.

Hung Electoral College 2020 scenario.png

One likely hung Electoral College scenario I made up for 2020. 3rd party is Romney/Flake. The Independent ticket wins ID/UT while Harris/Booker flips FL/AZ but Trump holds onto PA, MI, WI, ME-02, OH and IA and wins ME-AL and NH

Full results

Sen. Kamala D. Harris (D-CA)/Sen. Cory A. Booker (D-NJ) 267 46.2%
Pres. Donald J. Trump (R-NY), VP Mike Pence (R-IN) 261 39.4%
Sen. W. Mitt Romney (IR-UT)/Sen. Jeff Flake (IR-AZ) 10 12.5%
Others 2.9%

Last edited:
View attachment 386350

One likely hung Electoral College scenario I made up for 2020. 3rd party is Romney/Flake. The Independent ticket wins ID/UT while Harris/Booker flips FL/AZ but Trump holds onto PA, MI, WI, ME-02, OH and IA and wins ME-AL and NH

Full results

Sen. Kamala D. Harris (D-CA)/Sen. Cory A. Booker (D-NJ) 267 46.2%
Pres. Donald J. Trump (R-NY), VP Mike Pence (R-IN) 261 39.4%
Sen. W. Mitt Romney (IR-UT)/Sen. Jeff Flake (IR-AZ) 10 12.5%
Others 2.9%
With a splinter ticket that powerful, Trump isn’t winning PA, OH, NH, MI, or WI. He also might not win GA or NC.

With a splinter ticket that powerful, Trump isn’t winning PA, OH, NH, MI, or WI. He also might not win GA or NC.
Not really sure who the voters are that went from Hillary Clinton (48.2%) to someone other than Kamala Harris, but I'll let that go, Romney will of course do significantly better than 12% in Idaho, Utah and Arizona, and possibly in California and the Northeast. But that's Trump from 46.1% to 39.4% which means he only has 85% of his previous votes. Let's give him 90% of his 2016 votes instead to take care of Romney's strengths being in states we know Trump will lose and the ones that Romney wins.

The Democrats keep NH, flip (in order from closest to farthest) Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Florida, NE-02, Arizona, North Carolina and possibly Georgia (which Trump took 50.77% to 45.64%) and I'm unsure about Ohio which Trump won (51.69% to 43.56%). The next ones after those are Texas, Iowa and ME-02 which Trump will definitely keep.

Giving Georgia to Harris and Ohio to Trump gives a final result of 325 Harris - 203 Trump - 10 Romney.

Not really sure who the voters are that went from Hillary Clinton (48.2%) to someone other than Kamala Harris, but I'll let that go, Romney will of course do significantly better than 12% in Idaho, Utah and Arizona, and possibly in California and the Northeast. But that's Trump from 46.1% to 39.4% which means he only has 85% of his previous votes. Let's give him 90% of his 2016 votes instead to take care of Romney's strengths being in states we know Trump will lose and the ones that Romney wins.

The Democrats keep NH, flip (in order from closest to farthest) Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Florida, NE-02, Arizona, North Carolina and possibly Georgia (which Trump took 50.77% to 45.64%) and I'm unsure about Ohio which Trump won (51.69% to 43.56%). The next ones after those are Texas, Iowa and ME-02 which Trump will definitely keep.

Giving Georgia to Harris and Ohio to Trump gives a final result of 325 Harris - 203 Trump - 10 Romney.

A realigning election where the Dems perform well in the Southern states. No Democrat has won GA or AZ since Bill Clinton in the 1990s.

Gotta be at least by 25 or 30%; Wallace just doesn't have the votes in Houston or Dallas, yet alone most of the rest of the state.
Since Nixon clears 70% in Dallas and Harris counties, and 80% in Travis and Bexar, I would guess this is something like a 68-32 Nixon win at worst.

2016 from the "Kurt Cobain gets involved in politics" timeline:

genusmap.php

Former Governor and Rock Star Kurt Cobain (D-WA)/Senator Hillary Clinton (D-NY) 440 electoral votes, 55.5% popular vote
Somehow Famous Person Tila Tequila (R-TX)/The Poor Soul Who Has to Be Her Running Mate (R-Somewhere) 98 electoral votes, 42% popular vote

Status
Not open for further replies.