Alternate Electoral Maps II

Status
Not open for further replies.

The only other issue that I can see is in Oxon. It pains me to say it (as I'm a Lib Dem who lives in the constituency) but the third seat in "Oxford and Thames Valley" should probably be Labour. Oxford West was a big margin for the Lib Dems over Labour, but Oxford East was much bigger, and Labour came second in Henley. The only way to get a Lib Dem in Oxfordshire is to split Oxford, and even then you also have to make sure Oxford West doesn't get put in with Banbury.

Here's what it would've looked like if Johnson had won the entire Deep South in 1964 - thus leaving Arizona as the sole Goldwater state in his massive national landslide.

4zcuUDP.jpg

If I recall correctly, Goldwater only won AZ by something like 0.5%. If LBJ somehow sweeps the deep South, which OTL sided with Goldwater by sizable margins, It's unlikely his now even bigger landslide isn't also reflected outside of the South, in which case he would carry Arizona.

If I recall correctly, Goldwater only won AZ by something like 0.5%. If LBJ somehow sweeps the deep South, which OTL sided with Goldwater by sizable margins, It's unlikely his now even bigger landslide isn't also reflected outside of the South, in which case he would carry Arizona.
Yeah, this is basically just a hypothetical where LBJ does much better in the South but roughly the same everywhere else, because if I swung the whole nation so much that LBJ is winning Mississippi, he'd be winning 98.25% of the national popular vote, and that would make for a very boring map.

Last edited:
America with it's multiple levels of subdivisions is a psephologist's dream.

Hawaii_Presidential_Election_Results_2016_Republican_Landslide_15.06%.png
2000px-Virginia_Presidential_Election_Results_2016_Republican_Landslide_15.06%.png
2000px-North_Carolina_Presidential_Election_Results_2016_Republican_Landslide_15.06%.png

I went a level further in New England.

New_England_2016_election_results_Republican_Landslide_15.06%.png

And credit to @Tex Arkana for making this map of the Black Belt counties.

uasMfc6.png

Status
Not open for further replies.