Alternate Electoral Maps II

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would Goldwater vs McGovern look like?
youthinkillgiveawaythepremisewiththefilename.png

LBJ vs. Trump:
genusmap.php

Truman vs. Trump:

genusmap.php

JFK vs. Trump:
genusmap.php
Very interesting. I can easily understand why President Kennedy would beat Trump in a landslide. But why would Truman win by only a narrow margin? And what is up with Texas on Johnson's map? You would think that he would win his home state easily.

Very interesting. I can easily understand why President Kennedy would beat Trump in a landslide. But why would Truman win by only a narrow margin? And what is up with Texas on Johnson's map? You would think that he would win his home state easily.
Actually, considering JFK has an 86% (!) approval rating, he'd probably win all 50 states against Trump. I didn't want to do a 50 state sweep map though because that's boring to look at. as for Truman, I don't think he's especially popular or would be an especially great candidate, simply put. and as for LBJ, Texas is a lot more Republican now than it was in the 60's, so I have him only narrowly winning it if he were to be revived from the dead and running in 2020.

I was looking at some pretty interesting results here from if high school students voted in the 2016 Presidential election. It just shows how right wing "Generation Z" might be.

genusmap.php

Donald Trump (R-NY)/Mike Pence (R-IN) - 338 EVs, 48%
Hillary Clinton (D-NY)/Tim Kaine (D-VA) - 191 EVs, 33%
Evan McMullin (I-UT)/Mindy Finn (I-TX) - 6 EVs, 3%
Bernie Sanders (I-VT)/Various - 3 EVs, 2%
Gary Johnson (L-NM)/Bill Weld (L-MA) - 0 EVs, 8%
Others (Green, Constitution) - 5%

There were no results in Hawaii, Alaska, and New Hampshire. Because of the Trumpslide, I gave NH to Trump.
Utah was actually tied between Clinton and McMullin.
I didn't include "Did Not Vote", which would've come in second with 31%.

I was looking at some pretty interesting results here from if high school students voted in the 2016 Presidential election. It just shows how right wing "Generation Z" might be.

genusmap.php

There were no results in Hawaii, Alaska, and New Hampshire. Because of the Trumpslide, I gave NH to Trump.
Why are young people in South Carolina more Democratic than young voters in Georgia or North Carolina?

genusmap.php

Ugh, that’s horrifying. Though South Carolina in particular is super interesting.

Not really a question of generation theory - more a question of these people being literal children who have never engaged with the labor market.

Status
Not open for further replies.