Alternate Electoral Maps II

Status
Not open for further replies.
POD: William Jennings Bryan accidentally drinks a potion that gives him eternal life, he wins the Democratic nomination for every year between 1896 and 2000, then he finally tries again in 2020 and narrowly beats President Trump.

genusmap.php
19071747d12w.jpg

POD: William Jennings Bryan accidentally drinks a potion that gives him eternal life, he wins the Democratic nomination for every year between 1896 and 2000, then he finally tries again in 2020 and narrowly beats President Trump.

genusmap.php
Would a TL where the Democrats lose every single election since 1892 really be convergent enough to produce a President Trump?

Also, how do you get Illinois, Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, New York, and New England to vote for Trump?

Would a TL where the Democrats lose every single election since 1892 really be convergent enough to produce a President Trump?

Also, how do you get Illinois, Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, New York, and New England to vote for Trump?

The "coastal elites" mostly vote for Trump due to Bryan's fiery left-populism.

The "coastal elites" mostly vote for Trump due to Bryan's fiery left-populism.
I have a question for you. Could you do maps for 2016 if Trump had been opposed by the revived versions of Roosevelt, Truman, Kennedy, and Johnson? What would each of those scenarios have looked like?

I have a question for you. Could you do maps for 2016 if Trump had been opposed by the revived versions of Roosevelt, Truman, Kennedy, and Johnson? What would each of those scenarios have looked like?

Sure. since you didn't specify Teddy or Franklin Roosevelt, I'll do both.

Here's what Trump vs T.R would probably look like:

genusmap.php

Roosevelt of course wins most solidly Democratic states (I have him running as a Progressive here), but also does really well in the plains and Western states. I gave him West Virginia and Virginia just to add some flair to the map.

Here's FDR vs. Trump:

genusmap.php

FDR obviously wins extremely easily.
I'll do Truman, Kennedy, and LBJ tomorrow so I don't post more than 3 maps in one day.

genusmap.php

Roosevelt of course wins most solidly Democratic states (I have him running as a Progressive here), but also does really well in the plains and Western states. I gave him West Virginia and Virginia just to add some flair to the map.

Here's FDR vs. Trump:

genusmap.php

FDR obviously wins extremely easily.
I'll do Truman, Kennedy, and LBJ tomorrow so I don't post more than 3 maps in one day.
Any explanations as to why the Roosevelts would win the states that they do.

Any explanations as to why the Roosevelts would win the states that they do.
FDR wins in such a landslide due to his appeal to working class people of all races, as well as his past experience as a 4 term President going up against a reality TV star. He probably wins the PV by a similar margin as he did in 1936.

Teddy's Progressive brand of Republicanism does very well in the West and Plains states as they have a long history of supporting similar candidates (see WJB, Robert M. La Follette, James Weaver) as well as the Northeast where this type of belief system was utterly dominant in the time that TR was actually alive. on second thought I would probably give Texas to Trump there, but I feel Teddy would do very well in the major population centers as well as South Texas so it should be close.

upload_2018-2-15_9-59-1.png

Elections in Rohan
Grey: Hammahand Party named in honour of Helm Hammerhand. Militaristic-nationalist party, a typical representant of this attitude was Eomer.
Orange: Whig Party appeases to integenous Daen peoples (Calenardhrim and Healfbloodas), as well as the urban folks of Edoras
The Witenagemot:
  • Hammahand: 17 seats
  • Whigs: 13 seats

genusmap.php

I am a huge Teddy supporter (I think that he is one of the best presidents ever) so this map looks like a dream to me but I think that you were too generous to him. I think that Trump would win Texas, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Wyoming, Idaho and maybe WV. Simply because of party loyalty that is very (too) strong today. Of course that all of these states would be much closer, but I don't think that they would flip. Roosevelt would probably narrowly win New Jersey for the same reason.

This would be my map:

president.png

I am a huge Teddy supporter (I think that he is one of the best presidents ever) so this map looks like a dream to me but I think that you were too generous to him. I think that Trump would win Texas, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Wyoming, Idaho and maybe WV. Simply because of party loyalty that is very (too) strong today. Of course that all of these states would be much closer, but I don't think that they would flip. Roosevelt would probably narrowly win New Jersey for the same reason.

This would be my map:

View attachment 370650
Keep in mind I have him running as a Progressive Republican, not a Democrat. That's why he wins some very solidly R states.

Status
Not open for further replies.