Part XXIV - Chersonesus
Part XXV - Canal Zone Territory
Part XXVI - West Florida
Part XXVII - Missouri
Part XXVIII - Colorado
Part XXIX - Trinidad and Tobago
Part XXX - Pennsylvania
Part XXXI - Wisconsin

The state of Lincoln is one of the three states created as a result of the American Civil War, being established as a state in recognition of the efforts of the Jackson rebellion lead by former slave James Jones and abolitionist Stuart Knight. While originally intended to be named the state of Douglass after Frederick Douglass when Abraham's Lincoln was assassinated in 1863 by a bitter Southern nationalist during his the famous Reunification speech the decision was made to name the state in honor of the late president. As the state with the second highest proportion of freed slaves in the Union, the state's Republican leadership soon pursued a radical policy of land redistribution, seizing land from any former slave owners to hand out to the freedmen. As a result of this policy most whites soon fled the state, leading it to have 91% black population as only scalawags and carpetbaggers remained behind.

As a result, similar to all black state of Trinidad and Tobago the state of Lincoln remained solid blue throughout the late 1800s and into the early 1900s, until the National Unionists took over the black vote share in the 1930s. However, it was also during the 30s when many blacks began to migrate out of Lincoln towards more industrialized cities in the North, leading to depopulation that allowed white migrants to buy back some land from black farmers who moved north. This lead to some counties in the state once again regaining a white majority, though the state as a whole remains 65% black.

Nevertheless, when the National Union party disintegrated in 1974 the state soon came under the control of the Black Baptist Bloc, which was a party founded in honor of Martin Luther King Jr. and other civil rights activists. Ever since then the state has been a safe state for the Bloc, winning by massive margins in large swathes of the states and even having a few seats which have been uncontested for decades. Their own true political opposition comes from the Labor party, who occasionally wins enough of the urban black vote to force a coalition government. Such a situation occurred just as recently as 2014, however the Labor's party catastrophic defeat on a national level in 2016 left them with only seven seats as the race polarized between Democrats and the Black Baptist Bloc.

However in this year's election the Labor party has managed to rebound, gaining five seats at the expense of both the BBB and the Democrats, giving them majorities in both Hind and Desoto counties. Despite this better than expected performance on the part of Labor it still was nowhere near enough to unseat the Bloc's ruling majority, leading to yet another two years of moderately conservative policies.

Government:
Black Baptist Bloc - By far the most dominant party, their ideology is not too far off from that of the Democrats socially and economically, yet their historic opposition to segregation has left them the eternal antagonists of the Democrats. The Bloc is also for the most part aligned with Labor in Congress, however this remains a loose bond which can be easily broken, as it was most famously from 1998 to 2002 during the Labor-Democratic coalition.

Opposition:
Democrats - The party of white southerners, social conservatism, and center left economics, Lincoln is the only Southern state which has never had a Democratic government and even as demographics has shifted in their favor that fact is only likely to change anytime soon.
Labor - A socially conservative branch of Labor, as most of the party's Southern branches are, its main distinguishing feature is it's overwhelming black membership, as less than one in six of its supporters are white.
Republicans - The only fiscally conservative party in the state of Lincoln, they still manage to hang on some of the most urban areas of the state and are presently the most diverse branch of the GOP, with a 40% black voter base.

lincoln_by_moralisticcommunist-dbsqazi.png

Credit for the basemap goes to Chicxulub.
In honor of the recent election...
--------------------------------
Power to the States
New Jersey is a state with a mixed political past, with well-known politicians such as Warren Bradley, Chris Smith, and Christine Todd Whitman. In 2010 Conservative candidate Chris Christie ran and won on an anti-establishment platform. However, by 2014 his shine wore off. Christie's administration seemed to attract one scandal after another. Christie managed to get re-nominated by the Conservative Party, despite a strong challenge by his former Lieutenant Governor. After all the scandal of the Christie administration the Left-Wing seemed like they could win anything. The Progressive Party nominated Pastor Seth Kaper-Dale and Catherine A. Costa for governor and lieutenant governor. After serous gaffes and low Conservative turn-out Chris Christie was completely destroyed.

CaoysvfV_xEKOQEiZS93TthUhS9ilx11Pbhw7CNV3S9IijBnG7X8jq2wIKfIAiT083QG0hVx-2ZpJCETRHdujK92PXaoVZva0Su4biL8S7DiSsYDoQa9cKNUBFRkAbJl7QoKvd3-

Seth Kaper-Dale/Catherine A. Costa (Progressive) 62.5% PV

Chris Cristie/Chris Porrino (Conservative) 37.3%

I really do hope these shall both continue.

My 2020 Prediction
genusmap.php

Mario Biaggi/Robert Lafollette (Please, Please Save Us) 501 EVs
Tulsi Gabbard(D-HI)/Some dude, it doesn't matter (D-S) 22 EVs
Donald Trump (R-FL)/Some replacement who's worse (R-NJ/AL/GA/MD) 15 EVs
I'm not sure I want a man who was really only known for being convicted of corruption as president.

IMG_2255.jpg
IMG_2265.jpg
IMG_2254.jpg

Sanders VS Rodham 2008
Battle of the Ages

So I'm trying to make a little mini Series where it's Basically the 2016 democratic primary only it's republican vs democrat candidates and it culminates in 2008 with Hilary RODHAM as the republican presidential nominee, who many consider the second coming of Nelson Rockefeller I haven't decided on who is make as her Running mate and Bernie Sanders as the Democraric Ticket but in this time line he's Elected Govonor of Vermont in 1994 on a anti republican and anti establishment wave (ITL Bush Sir wins reelection) and Howard Dean Runs for Senate that year and wins. Hillary Rodham wins a senate senate in 1998 in Illinois beating out Carol Moseley Braun 50.6 to 48.8%. Anyway I'd love lots of feed back and advice and commentary !

The Federal Kingdom of Columbia
After the British colony of Columbia declared independence from Great Britan, the Continental Congress established a monarchy putting George Washington on the American throne

Columbia Before The Treaty Of Paris:
Columbia Map .png
(click to enlarge)

Territories
Organised States

After the treaty of Paris and the official end of the revolutionary war, the Kingdom Of Columbia gained much of the colony of Quebec and Florida

Columbia After The Treaty Of Paris:
Columbia Map after paris.png
(click to enlarge)

After the treaty of Paris Columbia officially organised the democratic aspects of the country. To accompany the King a President elected by Congress (think parliamentary system but with a president instead of Prime Minister) Shall control the legislative branch of government. The first Columbian General Election took place in 1788

Columbia General Election 1788.png

John Adams Federalist 59 seats
George Clinton Anti-Federalist 21 seats
(Map shows leading party in seats per state)

Just a side note this was simply a thought experiment I'm sorry it isn't very in detail

Last edited:
What does a Bush Sr. defeat in 1988 look like? Doesn't have to keep the OTL Democratic ticket

Wasn't a recession just starting in 87? If a Democrat can exploit that, he can likely win

Um, you do know that both the cities of Montreal and Quebec (i.e. literally anywhere of significance in 1770s Quebec) are on the North bank of the St. Lawrence?

I don’t think that the Anglo-Americans would be considerate enough to give the Francophones any power, especially after the failed Quebec invasion during the Revolution.

[QUOTE/]What does a Bush Sr. defeat in 1988 look like? Doesn't have to keep the OTL Democratic ticket

Wasn't a recession just starting in 87? If a Democrat can exploit that, he can likely win[/QUOTE]
I'm too lazy to create a new ticket, so here's what it would've looked like if Dukakis had beat Bush.

genusmap.php

Status
Not open for further replies.