Alternate Electoral Maps II

Status
Not open for further replies.
John Kasich is able to defeat President Trump in the Republican primaries and win the party's nomination. Sore loser that he is, Trump quits the GOP and runs as a third party candidate.

Needless to say, Trump wins only in West Virginia but he takes 10-25 percent in a lot of states, especially in the South, and preventing Kasich from winning states which a generic Republican should have won.
Exactly, except it is Sununu, not Kasich. :) That explains NH.

Here is a new scenario. I promise you, this is not a Rutherford scenario map. Instead, it is (loosely) based off a President-Elect 1988 game which I played. Can you guess how something like this could ever happen, what time period, and which states are won? Which states are close, and which ones are blowouts?

If you cannot see it (because of the uploading issues with this site), it is also here:
http://fiction.wikia.com/wiki/File:Map_without_Labels.png

Here is a new scenario. I promise you, this is not a Rutherford scenario map. Instead, it is (loosely) based off a President-Elect 1988 game which I played. Can you guess how something like this could ever happen, what time period, and which states are won? Which states are close, and which ones are blowouts?

If you cannot see it (because of the uploading issues with this site), it is also here:
This looks like a neo-nazi vs a very moderate Democrat :eek:

Is the economic crisis just delayed a few months later or is it greatly lessened due to left populist legislation enacted in 2005-2008 ?
What's the House and senate look like in 2004 2006 and 2008 ?

Yes, I figured that the left-wing populist policies of this administration would basically stop the financial crisis from happening, or at least severely lessen the impact. As such, Trump wins re-election in a landslide due to a strong economy and a pretty weak opponent.

I may work on house and senate elections for this scenario when I have the time.

The only state that might go Republican is Mississippi, and even that looks close. I assume the Republican candidate must be from Mississippi since it's the only state he or she wins.

The only state that might go Republican is Mississippi, and even that looks close. I assume the Republican candidate must be from Mississippi since it's the only state he or she wins.
Yes, he is from Mississippi. Similar to how Goldwater narrowly won Arizona because of the home state factor. Mississippi is the closest state in this scenario, being decided by less than a percentage point.

Yes, he is from Mississippi. Similar to how Goldwater narrowly won Arizona because of the home state factor. Mississippi is the closest state in this scenario, being decided by less than a percentage point.

Makes sense. So basically 1964 if Johnson never spoke out on civil rights and his opponent was a former Democrat from Mississippi who ran as a conservative Republican.

Makes sense. So basically 1964 if Johnson never spoke out on civil rights and his opponent was a former Democrat from Mississippi who ran as a conservative Republican.
Yes. This is based off 1964. So if civil rights hadn't been pushed, I gather that the white backlash in the Deep South would have been far less. But how bad would this Republican have to be for him to be crushed so overwhelmingly in the Northeast, in the Midwest, Northeast, and parts of the South? I imagine it would be someone with very unpopular and unorthodox views on just about everything of importance.

Yes. This is based off 1964. So if civil rights hadn't been pushed, I gather that the white backlash in the Deep South would have been far less. But how bad would this Republican have to be for him to be crushed so overwhelmingly in the Northeast, in the Midwest, Northeast, and parts of the South? I imagine it would be someone with very unpopular and unorthodox views on just about everything of importance.

I imagine a segregationist would do this badly versus Johnson if Johnson hadn't spoken out on civil rights. Maybe the R candidate also makes overtly racist comments and is like Goldwater on foreign policy and entitlements.

I imagine a segregationist would do this badly versus Johnson if Johnson hadn't spoken out on civil rights. Maybe the R candidate also makes overtly racist comments and is like Goldwater on foreign policy and entitlements.
These seem like reasonable explanations. I was also motivated by a desire to show a 49-state landslide for the Democrats, and the President-Elect game (which I assume you are familiar with), has it that the best-case scenario for a Democrat in 1964 is to win all states except for Mississippi. Which other states, based upon this map, would be relatively close besides Mississippi?

These seem like reasonable explanations. I was also motivated by a desire to show a 49-state landslide for the Democrats, and the President-Elect game (which I assume you are familiar with), has it that the best-case scenario for a Democrat in 1964 is to win all states except for Mississippi. Which other states, based upon this map, would be relatively close besides Mississippi?

Idaho, Alabama, and Oklahoma appear to be within 5%. Louisiana is probably fairly close depending on the margins. Wyoming would appear to be closer than it was IOTL 1964.

Idaho, Alabama, and Oklahoma appear to be within 5%. Louisiana is probably fairly close depending on the margins. Wyoming would appear to be closer than it was IOTL 1964.
That is about accurate, though I was trying to have Idaho be within 8 points, and Louisiana in low double-digit territory (no more than 11-13% or so). Wyoming, Oklahoma, and Alabama are all decided by less than six points, with Wyoming and Oklahoma under 5%.

That is about accurate, though I was trying to have Idaho be within 8 points, and Louisiana in low double-digit territory (no more than 11-13% or so). Wyoming, Oklahoma, and Alabama are all decided by less than six points, with Wyoming and Oklahoma under 5%.

Louisiana doesn't look like a double digit Democratic victory here, but it's possible depending on the margins. Idaho looks like it's within 5% to me, but 8 is possible.

Former First Lady and, since 1947, current New York Senator Eleanor Roosevelt. She was a woman, sure, but the First Lady of the World was not any woman, and who better to restore the legacy of FDR than his widow? She was extremely reluctant to take the position, but eventually relented for the sake of party unity.

Defeated Former Gov Herbert Lehman in the 1947 Primary or did he step aside?

Who was the Democratic candidate against David Duket?

Status
Not open for further replies.