Alternate Disney. (Help needed.)

Okay, after reading how to write a Timeline, I have decided to start an timeline all by myself.

Please, bear with me, I'm not good with these things and help would be MUCH appreciated. What I'm planning to write about, is this; I'm fascinated by the history of Walt Disney and the Disney corporation and their history. What I'm planning to write is a small timeline where the things that happened during the lives of the Disney corporation and taken in a different swing.

Once again, help would be appreciated.

January 7th, 1884. Elias Disney marries Flora Call in Charlotte, North Carolina. Elias Disney has a good paying job as a miner in the gold mines and meets Flora Call, the daughter of the local tavern owner and it's love at first sight.

January 8th, 1884- April 12th 1898. Elias and Flora Disney live in Charlotte, living on the lone of Elias's work in the mines.

March 30th, 1898. Walt Elias Disney is born. Urban legends say that on his birthday, his father was working in the mine and one of his colleagues had come down in the mine, claiming that his wife Flora had her water broke while she was serving pints and her father, for her own safety, laid her on the table she was serving the pints.

When Elias came in the tavern, full with dust and root, he had his son in his arms and gave him the name of the tavern, Walt's Inn. This strange story would later influence Walt's work.

April 13th, 1898. The mine Elias is working in, closes after the gold runs out. Elias and Flora are looking for another job to deal in the livings.

April 15th, 1898. Elias Disney brings in good news. He has found a new job as railway constructor on the Central Pacific line from neighboring Atlanta to Dallas, Texas.

June 21st, 1899. Construction ends in Dallas, Texas and Elias's contract has ended. Elias, Flora and One year old Walt settle in the city. The western culture of Texas would intervene with the work of Walt later on in his life.

June 22nd, 1898- August 31st, 1904. The Disney family settles in in Dallas and Walt grows up in the city. Elias Disney finds a job as Soap factory worker in the Jackson-Lewis soap factory in the city. They receive a house from the Central Pacific Railroad for his work on the railroad. Walt finds a friend. He befriends Yuri Zaganov, the son of Elias's colleague and friend Vasiliy Zaganov, a Russian immigrant from the Russian district in Main Dallas. Walt and Yuri become the best of friends.

September 1st, 1904. Walt goes to school for the first time and is mesmerized by his history teacher Damon E. Walozsky.

September 12th, 1904. Vasiliy Zaganov and his family knock on the door of the Disney's in the early evening, carrying a veil of salt and a loaf of bread. They want to celebrate their newly build house right next to the house of the Disney's. Vasiliy had recently earned enough money to build a house, and they build it right next to the Disney's. It'll become a beautiful evening.

October 1st, 1911. While walking to school, Walt and Yuri come across a strange building in Down Town Dallas. Walt asks Yuri what the building was. Yuri answers that this is the newly build movie theater. Walt wanted to go watch a movie, but Yuri brings him back to his senses and says that they could watch the movie later, there's school to attend.

After school, Yuri keeps his promise and takes Walt to the movies. With his last 2 cents, he pays the most recent animated movie, Little Nemo by James Stuart Blackton and Winsor McCay. After they had come out of the theater, Disney is even MORE fascinated by the medium, telling Yuri everything about the movie, going as far that Yuri said that Disney should quit with telling everything about the movie.

October 2nd, 1911 - June 27th, 1914. Live goes its way in Dallas. Elias works hard and earns money in the factory with Vasiliy, getting a promotion on March 30th, 1912. Disney goes to school and he starts drawing. Firstly, he started drawing comics with Yuri. It's in this period that his first character, Buffalo Bill came along. On April 16th, word of the sinking of the Titanic came to the city of Dallas. Walt is struck by the news. Yuri, being the good friend as he is, cheers him up by the news that Buffalo Bill has hit mainstream! He asked the editor of the local newspaper, The Solemn Star to post the comics of Buffalo Bill in his paper. He said yes, and they would receive a pretty penny for that!

For every comic they make, they'll receive 25 cents. Buffalo Bill is a young, courageous cowboy who, with the help of his Cossack friend Boris Ulyanka cross the plains of Texas to fight for what is right, shooting up bad guys, saving young damsels, busting up cow rustlers, jailing up rancorous horse thieves, the basic cowboy fantasies.

Well, I cut it here, folks. Leave a comment when read, give me constructive criticism, note me if something isn't correct or something. I'll keep on writing this thing when I get some good reviews, help, et cetera! I'm out!

Last edited:
It is written well if you go by the technical/grammatical aspect.

But a bit too short to judge in the plot aspect.

:) I'll wait till it's a little longer to rate.

I don't know much about Disney at all so I don't know what's different from OTL, but I enjoyed reading this. I'll probably end up believing this is the real story of Disney.

Well, if Disney actually had had to draw at a steady rate to make a living, rather than simply come up with a character once and hand it off to the other people to actually animate it, maybe he'll treat the Nine Old Men better and the Animation studio that first brought him to fame won't be treated like a red headed stepchild from the '50s on, to eventually be bypassed altogether starting with The Brave Little Toaster. He'll have a background more like Tezuka or Myazaki than OTL.

Then there's the matter that since he's growing up in Texas, the Nine Old Men will probably be completely different people. Might we see the likes of Tex Avery, Bob Clampett, or Fritz Freling in this alt-Disney studio?

Last edited:
Well, if Disney actually had had to draw at a steady rate to make a living, rather than simply come up with a character once and hand it off to the other people to actually animate it, maybe he'll treat the Nine Old Men better and the Animation studio that first brought him to fame won't be treated like a red headed stepchild from the '50s on, to eventually be bypassed altogether starting with The Brave Little Toaster. He'll have a bakcground more like Tezuka or Myazaki than OTL.

Then there's the matter that since he's growing up in Texas, the Nine Old Men will probably be completely different people. Might we see the likes of Tex Avery, Bob Clampett, or Fritz Feling in this alt-Disney studio?

Very good point, and very interesting. I'll be sure to put some of them in the studio.

And Yuri? He's based of his OTL friend, Ub Iwerks. But here, he'll get more recognition than Iwerks did in OTL. Of course, Iwerks had stage fright, Yuri doesn't.

With the great support I've had so far, I've decided to continue the TL. Like I said before, give me constructive criticism, friendly reviews and all that stuff!

June 28th, 1914. In Sarajevo, Serbia, Arch Count Franz Ferdinand dies in an assassination attempt. Austria Hungary replies by declaring war towards Serbia. News reaches Dallas the next few days.

Disney is mortified.

Luckily, he and Yuri get double paid for publishing the comics of Buffalo Bill.

August 1st, 1914. Germany invades neutral Belgium. The world is appalled. Yuri and Disney make a comic where they let Bill and Boris rustle up the German soldiers as cows and bring them back to the pen they've escaped from, under loud cheers of the townspeople.

This comic will be the turning point for Disney's career.

August 2nd, 1914 - November 11th, 1918. the editor of The Solemn Star pays Walt and Yuri good money for their contributions to the newspaper, which is plastered with reports from the carnage everyday. Disney and Yuri make comics depicting the war in a funny and wonderful way.

Buffalo and Boris fight the Germans in practically every comic. Luckily, the adventures aren't always war-based. In the issue of The Solemn Star of April 15th, 1916, Buffalo and Boris save a young maiden from a destructive fire.

November 17th, 1918. While Disney was working on a comic came Yuri in the room with great news.

It seemed like that a local studio, Dallas Movie Productions just opened and was searching for franchises for their studio. They had already made national papers with the screening of their first movie, The Struggle of The Alamo, a movie depicting the Battle of The Alamo. The owner of the studio had read the comics of Buffalo Bill since his youth and wanted to bring them on the big screen. He would pay Disney and Yuri a wage of 5 Dollars each.

Disney, of course, said yes.

December 24th, 1918. After a month of drawing and producing, the very first Buffalo Bill and Boris Ulyanka cartoon was made. On Christmas Eve 1918, it had it's first screening.

The first cartoon was shown before the bigger screening of the movie Stella Maris. Both the cartoon and the movie are received with great fare.

December 25th, 1918 - June 12th, 1920. Disney and Yuri keep producing Buffalo Bill and Boris Ulyanka cartoons. Elias Disney has become the boss of the soap factory after Jeff Jackson, co-founder of the soap factory, dies of tuberculosis.

Second founder of the factory, Damian Lewis, gives command of the factory to the most faithful worker, Elias Disney. Disney, as his first act of boss, gives his friend Vasiliy Zaganov co-founding rights.

June 13th, 1920. Disney and Yuri finishes the 100th Buffalo Bill and Boris Ulyanka cartoon, and to celebrate the occasion, they let the cowboy and cossack fight a great foe, the cowrustler Giovanni Matoni. It's the first time that the two heroes fight a real villain.

Giovanni Matoni is a cow thief with Italian roots. In the 10 minutes cartoon, a first for the two animators, it is explained that he comes from a family of pizza bakers in Brooklyn. Unfortunately, his family wasn't that kind to him. So, on his 20th birthday, he traveled from home to the West and began stealing cows to make a living. Buffalo Bill and Boris Ulyanka luckily defeat him in a great cow steal, but Giovanni vows revenge.

June 23th, 1920. Disney and Yuri receive a prize for their 100th Buffalo Bill and Boris Ulyanka cartoon. They're the first animators who receive the Dallas International Animation Awards for best cartoon, back in the day the only form of animation.

Disney, always the modest one, gives in his speech the award to Yuri, claiming he had done the most work. Yuri said - friendly - that Disney did deserve the award, because he came up with the idea for Giovanni. Eventually, they hug each other, laughing and congratulating each other with their work while the camera's blazed.

So, this is the second part of the timeline, telling the story of how Disney began animating! If there's anything wrong, please feel free to tell me about it!

Third chapter coming up, because you guys are SO friendly...:):)

June 22nd, 1920 - April 14th, 1922. Walt Disney and Yuri Zaganov keep continuing making Buffalo Bill and Boris Ulyanka cartoons, and at intervals they bring back Giovanni. Giovanni serves as the main nemesis of the cowboy and the cossack.

On February 19th, 1920, there comes news that the newly formed Soviet Union distributes Buffalo Bill and Boris Ulyanka cartoons in the cinema's there. Dallas Movie Productions track the Soviet distributors and come to an agreement. Disney and Zaganov receive a payment of 300 Dollars a month from their foreign investments.

April 15th, 1922. After a long dragging conflict with the director of Dallas Movie Productions Disney decides to leave the small studio and to make his own studio. Zaganov, his friend, travels with him.

They eventually come to Sacramento, California, and begin building the Disney Studio's.

June 22nd, 1922. After settling in Sacramento Disney Studio's is finished with production.

On the same night, Walt Disney and Yuri Zaganov, with their crew of 50 animators and 20 writers, begin production on more Buffalo Bill and Boris Ulyanka cartoons.

March 20th, 1923. An to that day unknown animator, Dick Stanleyman, comes to Disney's main office with a piece of paper. He led him in his office.

He asks the man what the reason is why he comes into the room. He says that he has to look at the piece of paper he's carrying with him. Disney looks to the paper.

What he sees is a character. It seems to be some kind of a dog. Not the kind of dog Goofy or Pluto look like, but more realistic... More redefined...

Disney brought his friend Yuri in to come look to the drawing. When Yuri comes into the room and takes a look to the dog, he gets tears in his eyes. It reminds him of his old family dog he had, back in Russia. He called him Laika. 'Barker'.

Disney, while conforming his Russian friend, contemplates the name... Laika... That could be a good name for a Cartoon character!

He then proceeds to give Dick a raise on his work, and asks if he could keep the drawing. Later that evening, he had decided that this is going to be the next step for Disney Studio's.

March 30th, 1923. On the 25th birthday of Disney, production of the first 'real' Disney cartoon had started. He and Yuri help the writers and animators with the story and drawings.

On the evening of that day, he and Yuri went off for a drink, to celebrate the first step of Disney Studio's. When at the café, Disney spots a young, handsome girl. Yuri says that he would go for her, say something to her...

Disney is shy about that, but after some advice from Yuri, he takes the plunge! The girl is called Amanda Buckinsale, the daughter of a railway manager. After a great night, they begin to date out more, eventually getting further with friendship...

April 7th, 1923. Elias Disney and Vasiliy Zaganov replaces the headquarters and the soap factory from Dallas, Texas to Sacramento, California, following the example of their sons. The Disney-Zaganov Soap Factory has been expanded, with factories in 12 states.

There are plans that the factory could even be over seas in Europe...

May 15th, 1923. The first Laika, The Soviet Dog cartoon receives a screening in the Mann's Chinese Theater, as the pre-show of the first screening of The Ten Commandments by Cecil B. DeMille.

The cartoon, with a running time of 15 minutes, again a first for Disney, depicts the cute Laika while walking through Russian woods and helping a fallen young bluebird back into his nest. People have been crying at the end of the cartoon, and it deserved a standing ovation.

May 16th, 1923 - June 19th, 1925. Walt and Yuri keep on producing Laika cartoons, alongside the Buffalo Bill and Boris Ulyanka cartoons. Disney even begins to contemplate for a 'real' character... A mascot for his company. He has Buffalo Bill and Boris, both very popular characters...

'And we have Laika, also a popular character...'

He asks his friend Yuri.

"Hey, Yuri? What'll ya think? Should we make a mascot character for the company, or should we just pick a character we already have?'

"Well, Walt, if I should choose, I'll pick a new character. That'll bring the people for more."

So... They think further for a name and a character design for the company main character.

August 1st, 1925. The first European soap factory of Disney/Zaganov opens in Genk, Belgium. What was once a small, sleepy village, now turns into a bustling city with the soap factory as puller for people.

I have no suggestions and nothing to criticize.
I will say however that getting three posts in less than 24 hours is pretty generous. :)

I see I'm not the only one who read that TL as well.
Pity he never finished the sequel.

That timeline was maybe of the better one ever made, at the same level of Decades of Darkness. Dark and very bloodly but scarily realistic on how was the historical climate and context

And give him time for the sequel, Real life can be a harsh mistress

Okay, thanks for the good reviews and opinions.

Any suggestions for other cartoons, and maybe possible movies I can create? And what are your opinions on the library Disney has so far?