Opening note
VT45 left the site last year. The "alternate company of the month" contest he started just a few months before his departure went on hiatus during its third round.

In March 2015, I sent him a private message via an art site we frequent, asking whether I could revive the contest (as it was a fine concept):
"I'd like to ask you for permission to restart your "alternate companies" contest on AH.com. Of course, only if you're all right with it."
His reply came soon:
"Hey, go for it. Let me know what you guys come up with!"

I've forgotten about this idea for a while, but this autumn, I've decided to definitely revisit it. We'll try to continue this contest, and here's my new offer for its third round.

Now onto the contest

We won't use the original idea for the third round for a while. I don't want to steal ideas from VT, so we'll reuse it during the next round or the round after that. So... This month, the topic of the round is:

The Chains of Dining

The Challenge:
Create a company from an alternate timeline focused on running a chain of restaurants, bistros or other commercial public dining facilities.

The Requirements:
Logo
Company infobox
A list of cities and towns the chain operates in

Advertising page with their credentials (optional)

The Restrictions:
The PoD can be at any time in history after 1800 AD. The restaurant chain can be local, regional, national or international, so you're not restricted too much by geography. However, the chain must operate its establishments in at least a few different cities or towns. Not just in one inhabited place.

The Deadline:
The deadline for entries will be at 7 AM GMT on 1 November, 2015. No entries will be accepted after this time.

THIS THREAD IS FOR ENTRIES ONLY. DISCUSSION GOES HERE.

Logo:
fRpTtDCm.jpg

Company infobox:
9fEyGRQ.png

A list of cities and towns the chain operates in:

• Mexico City
  • Seul
  • Toluca
  • Guadalajara
  • La Paz
  • ...and other Mexican cities
  • Los Angeles
  • Santa Maria
  • San Francisco
  • Seattle
  • Chicago
  • ...and other American cities
  • Tokyo
  • Yokohama
  • Nagoya
  • Kobe
  • Kyoto
  • ...and other Japanese cities
  • Seoul
  • Pyongyang
  • Inchon
  • Hamhung
  • Ulsan
  • ...and other Korean cities
  • Beijing
  • Taibei
  • Xianggang
  • Shanghai
  • Chongqing
  • ...and other Chinese cities

5843437252247552.png

6318245215731712.png

Steve Jobs was the Founder, Head Chef, and CEO of the Apple Diners empire, which included Pixar Buffets and NeXT Distribution. Focusing on cuisines of California and the Pacific Northwest with a local twist dependent on the location of the restaurant. Before his unfortunate death, he published two cookbooks, both about his specialty cuisines. He was also finishing up a book about infusing local flavors into basic food types. With permission from his widow, Laurene, his successor Mark Makor finished the book, A Chicken For Every Town, which was a NY Times #1 Bestseller.

qyQO55g.jpg

GEPKdDl.png
GS Group was founded in 1950, immediately after South Korea was under siege in southeastern Korea, originally as a transport firm chartered by the government to supply troops along the border. Quickly growing with the booming economy, GS Group sought to monopolise South Korea's restaurant market and use it as a platform to penetrate larger markets such as the United States or Japan. After cornering almost 43% with over 10,000 restaurants, GS25 began jumping into other markets, entering the Communist Bloc with Coca-Cola and merging 7-11 in the wake of the third oil crisis; by 1998 GS25 was controlling 56% of Taiwan's, 35% of Japan's, and 29% of North America's restaurant market. In 2002 GS25 was listed as one of The World's Biggest Employers on Forbes, with over 1 million employees across 32 countries; it was the main restaurant along highways in China, Russia, the United States, and Canada. The company came under harsh criticism when its aggressive acquisition strategies included acquiring large tracts of land in Kazakhstan, Brazil, Russia and South Korea, and was the leading cause of the 2007-8 Food price crisis.