Alternate celebrity politicians?

I have been getting a lot of Republican campaign stuff using Jon Voight in fundraising.
Bruce Boxleitner was very respected in Republican circles.
Gary Gilmore - remember him? He ran for Governor in the election Schwartznager won in.

I have been getting a lot of Republican campaign stuff using Jon Voight in fundraising.
Bruce Boxleitner was very respected in Republican circles.
Gary Gilmore - remember him? He ran for Governor in the election Schwartznager won in.
I’m honestly surprised Jon Voight has t played Trump in a daily wire backed production.

How about President David Hasselhoff?

There was thing like 4 reasons why David Hasselhoff would be a better EU commission president than Ursula von der Leyen.
- He is looking for Freedom, not to censor the internet
- He has caused the fall of the Berlin Wall and done so much for European Unity
- First Hand experience with self driving cars
- Saving drowning people comes naturally to him

Emanuele Filiberto di Savoia, television personality descended from the last king of Italy - having both him and Alessandra Mussolini in Parliament would be meme fuel;
Not that unlikely. Bulgaria once elected their former king to Parliament, where he became Prime Minister.
Supposedly Mick Jagger is something of a politics junkie and aspired to a career in politics before the Rolling Stones took off.
Juxtapose this with a Shared Worlds thread positing Paul McCartney as a Prime Minister, of all things...

Today, I just found out that Jim Bob Duggar was a member of the Arkansas House of Representatives from 1999 to 2003. Suppose his political career had gone a little better, and he eventually succeeded to governor or senator of Arkansas or something. We could've had the Duggar family as our presidential family by 2009 or so.

I'm partly joking with this next one (this idea came from the fact that he played Ronald Reagan once): how about President Bruce Campbell?

Gary Gilmore? Is it legal in Cali for an executed criminal to get on the ballot over 20 years after his demise by firing squad.
Wrong Gary, IIRC it's Gary Coleman. But maybe Artis Gilmore could run somewhere where the electorate is impressed by 7 footers.

There was a timeline here a while ago where Paul Newman became President in the 1970s that was really good while it lasted.
I think there was another TL on here that I recently read - a TLIAW, actually - and it had Paul Newman as president in the early '80s. Unfortunately, he got assassinated by Hinckley in that one.

Former leader of Canada's Liberal Party was one of the presenters of The Late show an arts programme that ran on BBC2 from 1989 to 1995.

Is it true that he is also a descendent of the Count Ignatieff in the Flashman books?

Does Michael Gove count for being a co-presenter of A Stab In The Dark a short lived programme that was on Channel Four in 1992? From what I can remember he was trying to be an early nineties version of Bernard Levin.

IIRC he said, "Most television programmes insult your intelligence. This programme insults you!" Or something along those lines in one of the trailers.

I've no idea about his politics but MC Hammer would at least deliver compelling national addresses and would also be way cooler than every other world leader I can think of.
He even has a ready made election slogan in "It's Hammer time"

How about singer Jello Biafra from the band Dead Kennedys? He ran in the primaries for the Green Party for the 2000 presidential election, but lost to Nader.

Last edited:
How about singer Jello Biafra from the band Dead Kennedys? He ran in the primaries for the Green Party for the 2000 presidential election, but lost to Nader.
He also ran in the 1979 mayoral election in San Francisco. (I’m pretty sure I mentioned him in my list.)