Alternate Cars' registration plates thread

It's been a long time, but to breathe some new life into this thread and avoid starting another :

Swiss EU registration plate. This one is used in the Zürich canton.
https://www.alternatehistory.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=263470

ATL Swiss EU registration plate.png

CH? Why CH? I'd think SZ, SU, or SW would be more likely.

CH is the typical shortening, referencing the (also official) Latin name of Switzerland, Confoederatio Helvetica. It confused me at first as well, but at least now I can fully enjoy the DACH acronym ;) By the way Austria is just A even though it is also Österreich.

So since Petike bumped this thread, I've been busy. Behold!

Now I am become Petike, the creator of PODs ! :eek: :D

But more seriously, I really like those. :) Didn't you make a few alternate plates already a few years ago, when this thread was first started ?

And here's my attempt to shop the Massachusetts plate onto an Aston Martin. How'd I do?

Not bad, though it still looks slightly artificial in a few places. Maybe you could tweak the lighting on the plate a bit, to make it look a little more seamless with the bumper. Truth be told, my own attempts at something like this wouldn't be much better (not by a long shot).

Here's a reg plate for an independent Norrland (the northernmost part of Sweden). The CoA is not of my design.

I borrowed the Swiss one on my design as well. I like your plate, it's minimalistic but really has character. :)

Thande

Donor
Hmm, I'd forgotten about this thread.

It's odd how numberplates across the world have now harmonised into just two types, and it often seems quite arbitrary which one of the two is used.

attachment.png

Republic Of China, 2013

In this TL:
RoC democracy survived;
The Capital remains Beijing;
RoC's flag is a bit different;
Hebei, Beijing, and Tianjin remains under one Peking Province (Zhili in Chinese);
Hanyu Pinyin was never invented;
German is the world's lingua franca.

attachment.png

Here's a relatively simple one: what if Sweden never adopted a nationalised vehicle registry, and continued issuing county-based plates? Here's a possible answer, from my own home county:

alt-plate-swe1.png

alt-plate-swe1.png

'Twas bored. I drew this plate up for the fictional "State of Glabara" (based off of Ohio) a few years ago for a possible Grand Theft Auto IV mod that never amounted to anything.

h7pwtnX.png

Also, I think this thread would be better under the AH Graphics subforum. :)

Last edited:
IMG_20180807_182540-1512x870.jpg
Hello folks, I just joined this amazing forum. I could spend a year dreaming up and drawing alternative history license plates. Sadly I went one step further and, imagining that my home town of Largs and the surrounding districts declared independence from Scotland and became a "city state", instead of drawing my design, I actually had a real license plate made

Last edited: