Alternate Angola: How else could things go?

Regarding the Angolan Civil War, what alternate possibilities are there? How would things look if the MPLA didn't manage to win? Would the FNLA be more likely to win out in the struggle or would it be UNITA? Given how things played out historically, I'm assuming the FNLA might have better chances if Cuba didn't get involved in Angola. As for UNITA, I would think that they would do even worse if there wasn't foreign support from South Africa. What other circumstances are possible, preferably with a point of divergence in 1975 or later?

Wasn't UNITA just a South African proxy force, pretty much kept running by Pretoria from 1976? Without South African support UNITA would probably wither away to nothing soon after that.

I don't know enough about Angola's politics to be sure but I would guess that such a large multitribal nation with the problems of inherent corruption and divided loyalties would have every prospect of suffering from continued revolts. With similar support from Pretoria and Washington as we saw in OTL.

g

Savambi isnt quite the puppet he was made out to be.
He has been the smart half of fnla untill roberto got sore.
I think A govt of national unity will kickith the crapola out of neto