Alternate American History/ German Settlement

Hello there! So I think I've got an interesting scenario coming to my mind. Feel free to comment your thoughts about it.

It's in the first half of the 19th century. The USA aren't found yet and the country is rarely populated.
After the failed German revolutions of 1848-49 there was a mass-immigration of diappointed German settlers to the north american lands. The german settlers found in the north american hemispheres a loose covenant of provinces, the so called "Freie Deutsche Lande" the Free German Lands.

View attachment 304407

The Flag of the Free German Lands (The colours black, red and golden are typical for the March Revolution 1848)

In 1871 the German States united into the German Reich. Afraid of an occupation by the German Reich the people of the Free German Lands were willed into forming a strong state. That was the birth of the "Republik Neu-Deutschland" Republic of New-Germany.

View attachment 304408

The Flag of the New German Republic (the stars symbolise the former provinces. The colours black, red and golden are typical for the March Revolution 1848)

So these two profoundly different German States are rivals and fought many wars in competion for the hegemony in the world.

Unfortunetly I am unable to create a map. Maybe someone can help me out. I imagine the Republic of New-Germany is settled in place of the german settlements of original history
heres-why-there-are-so-many-german-americans-in-the-us.jpg

In the southern regions there may formed a "United States of America "light version"". The German State of America anyway would be the predominant actor in North America.

So, what do you think?