Su-17 family? Those were pretty fast, and were carrying reasonable bomb load. The MiG-27 was also there.
If one does not like swept wings, the Su-17 with the kinked wings from Su-15TM should work. Will loose some of short-field capability, though. The non-swept wings should be better in having more racks for different stores.
Su17 and mig27 are just too complex and unsuited for A2A work
Su15TM comes close but can it be adapted to have more of a A2G potential? Engine upgrade ? New wing ?
Sorry for requisitioning your “ plus “ and “ minus” terminology, hope you don’t mind

Su15TM comes close but can it be adapted to have more of a A2G potential? Engine upgrade ? New wing ?
Sorry for requisitioning your “ plus “ and “ minus” terminology, hope you don’t mind
Im not an expert on that era of aircraft, but the Su-15 strikes me a bit like a sovjet F-104, I guess adapting that thing to A2G could prove really difficult without some very drastic changes. The Su-17 and Mig-27 are both much more balanced designs.

The 'degree of anti-air capability' is required, not the full-blown fighters.

Any fighter was being able to be adapted for the A2G roles. The new wing is indeed needed, IMO. Here is the T-85Sh - the ground attack aircraft spin-off from the Su-15, with radar-less nose and wing better suited for lower speeds.

The 'degree of anti-air capability' is required, not the full-blown fighters.

Any fighter was being able to be adapted for the A2G roles. The new wing is indeed needed, IMO. Here is the T-85Sh - the ground attack aircraft spin-off from the Su-15, with radar-less nose and wing better suited for lower speeds.
What you think will be the adaptations needed to make su17 mig27 more suited for A2A ?

So i been thinking for my russian republic tl and i have been thinking of having them develop something similliar to the mig I-350 (after a mig 17 defected to the west) which lead to a family of fighter and interceptor based on the mig prototype of MiG-I-3,MiG-75 and finally the YE-8 (which would still serve to this day but modernised) any thoughts?

P-38 Bis "Heat Lightning"

Originally a planned demonstration aircraft in order to fund refinement of the original L-133 Starjet design, in early 1942 a pair of refined L-1025 jet engines replaced the Alison prop engines and the Army Air Forcr tested the aircraft. Flying at a phenomenal 635mph in level flight it literally flew circles around the F4F and P-39 pitted against it. Its engines were comolex and ultimately the price was deemed too high...until US bombers losses grew to the point of threatening the strategic bombing mission. Range was extended by sacrificing some armament, improving the jet's fuel efficiency, changing the wing to include a slight sweep, and enlarging the internal fuel tank while adding two drop tanks for the initial flight out. This allowed combat radius to improve from 300 miles to almost 500 miles on internal fuel alone and 725 with the two drop tanks.

By late 1943 the United States began mass production with a refined design and a jet bomber derivative already on the drawing board. Frank Whittle was brought in as a consultant and refined the jet further still, eventually finding a permanent home at Lockheed. German acquisition of the new jet proved costly for the Allies as they copied the design almost verbatim to make the Me 262-D a nearly trans-sonic aircraft with frightening maneuvarability. Russian MiG-13s bearing these engines would appear in the skies of Europe less than a year after the war ended, and today over four dozen Heat Lightening jets survive in flyable condition.

Pangur

Donor
Random thought, Australia does not federate, we stay as states that become nations. How would say a Victorian Air Force look like in 1940?

snip

Its really funny that the model still has the very visible turbochargers on top of the engine nacelles even with the jet engines. If the regular Me 262 exist in this timeline the germans would not have used the same designator for a radically different machine: The "-D" suffix denotes an incremental improvement to an existing type.

So i been thinking for my russian republic tl and i have been thinking of having them develop something similliar to the mig I-350 (after a mig 17 defected to the west) which lead to a family of fighter and interceptor based on the mig prototype of MiG-I-3,MiG-75 and finally the YE-8 (which would still serve to this day but modernised) any thoughts?
Ye-8 looks very good IMO. Keep the engine of the aircraft reliable and it is a keeper.

Its really funny that the model still has the very visible turbochargers on top of the engine nacelles even with the jet engines. If the regular Me 262 exist in this timeline the germans would not have used the same designator for a radically different machine: The "-D" suffix denotes an incremental improvement to an existing type.
Such a jet engine as proposed woyld be an improvement and would take time for them to study/mass produce.

Yes the turbochargers are still there but it was the best pic I could find on short notice

Ye-8 looks very good IMO. Keep the engine of the aircraft reliable and it is a keeper.
Well i do plan for it to be using either an american engine or RR (russian republic) made engine thats isnt as good but cheap and proven to be relieable (atleast on previous aircraft)

Originally a planned demonstration aircraft in order to fund refinement of the original L-133 Starjet design, in early 1942 a pair of refined L-1025 jet engines replaced the Alison prop engines and the Army Air Forcr tested the aircraft. Flying at a phenomenal 635mph in level flight it literally flew circles around the F4F and P-39 pitted against it. Its engines were comolex and ultimately the price was deemed too high...until US bombers losses grew to the point of threatening the strategic bombing mission. Range was extended by sacrificing some armament, improving the jet's fuel efficiency, changing the wing to include a slight sweep, and enlarging the internal fuel tank while adding two drop tanks for the initial flight out. This allowed combat radius to improve from 300 miles to almost 500 miles on internal fuel alone and 725 with the two drop tanks.

By late 1943 the United States began mass production with a refined design and a jet bomber derivative already on the drawing board. Frank Whittle was brought in as a consultant and refined the jet further still, eventually finding a permanent home at Lockheed. German acquisition of the new jet proved costly for the Allies as they copied the design almost verbatim to make the Me 262-D a nearly trans-sonic aircraft with frightening maneuvarability. Russian MiG-13s bearing these engines would appear in the skies of Europe less than a year after the war ended, and today over four dozen Heat Lightening jets survive in flyable condition.
Mon Dieu! Where is the jet exhaust on this abomination?

One of the 6 North Sea Class airships acquired by the Royal Victorian Navy in 1919 that were still serving in 1941.

1668812449845.png