Is that the cockpit above the pool area? If so then I certainly don't want to fly the damned thing. Guess it's in the vein of artwork made by futurists who saw the thing they were futurificating once in passing by chance.

Wonder how long a runway the thing needs? Or in this case open ocean.
No, that's the cockpit and the restaurant. The pool is in the back.

I'll go better than that monstrosity.

1622849693644.png
1622849781667.png

Kawanishi-Mitsui's answer to the Lockheed-Boeing XRD-1 was even more grandiose, but as they have never tried anything on this scale before, their 1948 prototype DaiRyu aircraft, jokingly called 'Model 893', surprised everyone by first actually being airworthy and second by being surprisingly nimble for her size. Upgrades would follow but the prototype still resides in the Imperial Air and Space Museum, doubling as VIP quarters for 'influential' familes (Sekke, Seigake, and the highest Daimyo families typically, but on an off day for the right price any class above Hanke can use it).

The Super Great White Shark, AFAIK, is actually more of a SVOTL aircraft (it uses those two turbofans on its sides for flight, the fuselage embedded rotor is pretty much only there to enable it to take off from a helipad).

But since it's shaped like a hockey puck, fuel efficiency on that thing is going to be absolutely godawful (think of it as the Hummer of aircraft).
Come to think of it, it's pretty much useless.

Anyone who can built the SGWS can build a Harrier like SVTOL jet, which will have a bigger payload, higher ceiling, likely better range, and probably cheaper (since say, a Sino Harrier, won't have to install turboshafts to drive the main rotors/transmission from the turbofans to do the same).

March 1993 Woomera test range Australia.

No 1001 Squadron Royal Air Force Support Command begins operations with the first flight of the Hotol space plane.

1622851496563.png

Cuba buys 20 Blackburn R.1. Blackburn's second hand from Britain for use as patrol aircraft. They allegedly make regular unofficial night time flights to Florida packed with cases of Rum.

1623183847362.png

Last edited:
April 1st 2021 English Channel.

The world learns why Britain has reduced it's orders for F35's as the Queen Elizabeth's new air group is shown to the press.

1623193416748.png

Considering all their weapons are "line-of-sight" only I'm not sure that was a "good" choice, but it's damn sure a very "cool" choice :)

Randy
I'm sure the appropriate modifications have been made to allow them to use missiles.

Let's see.

14 Vipers
14 Buck Rogers Strike
3 Buck Rogers A.E.W
3 Buck Rogers Electronic Warfare
8 Merlin A.S.W/C.O.D helicopters (The new raptors are stuck in development hell)

(must come up with proper F.A.A. names)

Last edited:
I'm sure the appropriate modifications have been made to allow them to use missiles.

Let's see.

14 Vipers
14 Buck Rogers Strike
3 Buck Rogers A.E.W
8 Merlin A.S.W/C.O.D helicopters (The new raptors are stuck in development hell)

Easy peasy

Viper = Vampire II

Buck Rodgers = Buccaneer II

And could the Merlin not be replaced using a UOR funding for the 'off the shelf' Type 1999 Eagle Transporter with its multi module capability?

And could the Merlin not be replaced using a UOR funding for the 'off the shelf' Type 1999 Eagle Transporter with its multi module capability?
Eagles are a bit big for regular carrier use, but would be handy for delivering large amounts of supplies quickly and in one go.

Last edited:

RAF Coastal Command begins replacing its obsolete Avro Ansons with Vickers Nelson maritime patrol aircraft, a version of the Vickers Wellesley bomber. When the maritime patrol version of the Wellington is introduced and named the Nelson II the crews start calling the Mk I the Half Nelson and the Mk II and later versions the Full Nelson.

1623259963124.png

Last edited:

Well, of course but the LOOK man! Think of how that will effect the lines! What gentleman would want the lines of his fine fighter ruined by "missiles"? :)

Let's see.

14 Vipers
14 Buck Rogers Strike
3 Buck Rogers A.E.W

Easy peasy

Viper = Vampire II

Buck Rodgers = Buccaneer II

I like the "Viper" and "Vampire" but I'll note there's a bit of an issue as "Vampire" is the brevity code for incoming hostile missile :)

And while I like the Eagle as a transporter, why piddle around?
"Thunderbird Duce on final approach for touch and go cargo drop"

Randy