Some roundel from my modern elder scroll stuff:
Tamrielic Republic
Picsart_22-02-20_15-28-39-417.png

Great Morrowind
1645346834487.png

Summerset (mainland only without firsthold island) /4th aldmeri dominion
1645346903503.png

Apologies for the last one as i cant find any good aldmeri eagle dymbol

Might I please ask you expert types if a red star outlined in white on a blue field would work as a roundel for some Communist version of the USA?

Might I please ask you expert types if a red star outlined in white on a blue field would work as a roundel for some Communist version of the USA?

Roundels don't really have fields.

Unless your meaning is a red star with a blue outline outside a white outline.

To be precise, my notion was of a blue roundel with a red star inside it - with the red star outlined in white to make the design heraldically proper (as it’s improper to put a colour on a colour).

To be precise, my notion was of a blue roundel with a red star inside it - with the red star outlined in white to make the design heraldically proper (as it’s improper to put a colour on a colour).
That could work. The nation wouldn't care about heraldic rules for the sake of tradition, but they are there because they WORK. (You'll notice that most corporate logos, team insignia, and the like more or less follow the rules.

True, very true - also because they're still Americans and would doubtless like to keep the Red, White & Blue colour scheme!

Something like one of these? The first uses the darker red of the current USA flag for the star, the second uses a brighter red. In both cases the blue is from the current USA flag.
Star-dark-red-fimbriated-white-on-dark-blue-roundel_for-Tiro_FG.png Star-bright-red-fimbriated-white-on-dark-blue-roundel_for-Tiro_FG.png (click the thumbnails for full-size versions)

Very nice, thank you! (The second version ‘pops’ very nicely indeed; I suspect that adding the post-WWII white-red-white stripe would help sell this as ‘Red America’ rather than a generic communist state, but I’m not sure how that would look).

Thank You again for your consideration!

I suspect that adding the post-WWII white-red-white stripe would help sell this as ‘Red America’ rather than a generic communist state
How about one of these? The first just adds the red star into the centre of the OTL USAF symbol; the second has wider red stripes at the sides, which I think emphasise the communist nature even more, but it's up to you.
Communist_USA_roundel_with_side_stripes-for_Tiro_FG.pngCommunist_USA_roundel_with_side_stripes_wider-for_Tiro_FG.png

Air force Roundel of the State of Burma (a Japanese Puppet state during WW2), based on the emblem on the redesigned flag I posted on Flag Thread V for a post-1945 Japanese victory world. Check out @PolishMagnet's work on Japanese Alternate History! It's awesome.

Roundel of the State of Burma (2).png

Roundel Ver. 1 (Fighter Planes)

Roundel of the State of Burma (3).png

Roundel Ver. 2 (Bombers, other types)

Last edited:
Air force insignia of the People's Republic of Venezuela, a state I made up (and a Flag for!) on Flag Thread V. The symbol in the middle is both a Compass direction, "South," and a stylized "V" for Venezuela.

People's Republic of Venezuela Roundel (1).png

Last edited:
2022_06_01_0lb_Kleki.png

Roundel of the "People's Squadron"; 7th Air Division of the Free Territory of Makhnovschina.
Strategic Bomber Division; main use seen in the battles of Melitopol and the battle of Rostov during the "War of Statist Opression" (Makhnovschina) or the "War in Makhnovia" to the rest of the world. (1938)
This division would be key in wiping out hundreds of Soviet supply lanes during the war, devastating the Soviet war effort and crippling their capabilities to wage war in Makhnovia to an extreme extent; and arguably the most important air squadron within the war.
Sadly, the squadron was disbanded in 1974; as it continuously began degrading due to a lack of capable mechanics and a general lack of maintinence or quality control for the division, brought on by the general apathy towards Heavy Bombers during the post-WW2 era.

This is from a concept i'm still making at the moment, a world in which Makhnovia isn't invaded by the Bolsheviks until Stalin gains power and "stabilizes" the USSR in 1938; resulting in a much more capable Makhnovia when it mattered most to the Bolsheviks and costing the USSR dearly.
Thank's for reading!

This division would be key in wiping out hundreds of Soviet supply lanes during the war, devastating the Soviet war effort and crippling their capabilities to wage war in Makhnovia to an extreme extent; and arguably the most important air squadron within the war.
Where do your anarchist get their weapons from? Self production or foreign state-level supporters?

View attachment 746668
Roundel of the "People's Squadron"; 7th Air Division of the Free Territory of Makhnovschina.
Strategic Bomber Division; main use seen in the battles of Melitopol and the battle of Rostov during the "War of Statist Opression" (Makhnovschina) or the "War in Makhnovia" to the rest of the world. (1938)
Sadly, the squadron was disbanded in 1974; as it continuously began degrading due to a lack of capable mechanics and a general lack of maintinence or quality control for the division, brought on by the general apathy towards Heavy Bombers during the post-WW2 era.

This is from a concept i'm still making at the moment, a world in which Makhnovia isn't invaded by the Bolsheviks until Stalin gains power and "stabilizes" the USSR in 1938; resulting in a much more capable Makhnovia when it mattered most to the Bolsheviks and costing the USSR dearly.
Thank's for reading!
I'd drop the text if I were you. At a distance and while moving, it would be next to useless. If you don't think the white skull & crossbones on black is distinctive enough, maybe have a simple geometric pattern behind it.

I'd drop the text if I were you. At a distance and while moving, it would be next to useless. If you don't think the white skull & crossbones on black is distinctive enough, maybe have a simple geometric pattern behind it.
While I agree that the symbol is quite busy for a roundel and likely not realy readable at any distance im not sure if that necessary makes it useless as an identification symbol. For quite some time the turkish roundel was just a black square after all.