While I agree that the symbol is quite busy for a roundel and likely not realy readable at any distance im not sure if that necessary makes it useless as an identification symbol. For quite some time the turkish roundel was just a black square after all.
kinda my point. If a black square is recognizable enough, what would be the point of putting the country's name on it ? If no one else uses a white skull-&-bones on black as a roundel, there's no need to add anything to it.

I'd drop the text if I were you. At a distance and while moving, it would be next to useless. If you don't think the white skull & crossbones on black is distinctive enough, maybe have a simple geometric pattern behind it.
I added the text mainly just as text was used to identify the soldiers of Makhnovia during the RCW, it also isn't a country name, it says something along the lines of "Death To All Stalinist/Statist Oppressors." I do realize now that it was useless, and probably not really necessary, but I do like how it develops flavor and shows the mentality of Makhnovia during what probably was during their darkest hour.

Where do your anarchist get their weapons from? Self production or foreign state-level supporters?
Mainly Self Production from the Communes, as self reliance would be necessary for a state which had almost no support outside the USSR until Lenin's death, after which they had none. During the war however, I believe anti-communist factions, or atleast anti-bolshevik factions, would donate to Makhnovia; considering they would be the only nation which had proven itself capable of resisting the soviets other than poland up until that point.

I added the text mainly just as text was used to identify the soldiers of Makhnovia during the RCW, it also isn't a country name, it says something along the lines of "Death To All Stalinist/Statist Oppressors." I do realize now that it was useless, and probably not really necessary, but I do like how it develops flavor and shows the mentality of Makhnovia during what probably was during their darkest hour.
Further advice then: make the text semi circular so it follows the outside of the circular field.