Alt-History Aftermath Scenarios Implied by Media

I'm watching a Simpson's Halloween episode, the current skit(?) is the "Homega Man", where an insult by Springfield Mayor Quimby enrages a generic French president enough to attack Springfield with a neutron bomb

So, what all would happen?

Keep in mind that this is the Simpsons...

I'm watching a Simpson's Halloween episode, the current skit(?) is the "Homega Man", where an insult by Springfield Mayor Quimby enrages a generic French president enough to attack Springfield with a neutron bomb

France gets kicked out of NATO, sanctioned to all hell, and faces military retaliation from the US. “Freedom fries” become a thing again and history books are rewritten to downplay the French role in the American Revolution and emphasize how the US assisted (although likely written as “saved”) France in both world wars.

If the French are lucky, the people will have overthrown the government, arrested the generals who authorized the strike, and handed them over to The Hague. That won’t save them from retaliation but should keep bombs from raining on their cities.

France gets kicked out of NATO, sanctioned to all hell, and faces military retaliation from the US. “Freedom fries” become a thing again and history books are rewritten to downplay the French role in the American Revolution and emphasize how the US assisted (although likely written as “saved”) France in both world wars.

If the French are lucky, the people will have overthrown the government, arrested the generals who authorized the strike, and handed them over to The Hague. That won’t save them from retaliation but should keep bombs from raining on their cities.
Also, the American government would begin a slow and gradual reclamation of Springfield, likely having to clear it of the irradiated albino mutants, if there's any left, seeing how Homer and his family were quick to gun them down.

Given the fact that the United States did not intercept the missile, this allows us to assume that one of these options happens:

1) The United States is much weaker than in OTL, which means that they will do nothing not to escalate the conflict.

2) The US wanted to destroy Springfield anyway, but they didn't want to do it themselves, so they let the French do it. So nothing will be done.

3) The United States makes an equivalent exchange in which they destroy the French version of Springfield. The thing stays like this.

Given the fact that the United States did not intercept the missile, this allows us to assume that one of these options happens:

1) The United States is much weaker than in OTL, which means that they will do nothing not to escalate the conflict.

2) The US wanted to destroy Springfield anyway, but they didn't want to do it themselves, so they let the French do it. So nothing will be done.

3) The United States makes an equivalent exchange in which they destroy the French version of Springfield. The thing stays like this.
Any guesses what would be the French version of Springfield?

Probably close to the German border...

Not sure if it meets the media criteria but it certainly implies a scenario, in fact I'd consider it a archeological AH

Another Disney animated film, The Little Mermaid has an entire kingdom realize that Mermaids and the lost city of Atlantis exist right off their coastline.
An old history-loving friend of mine (she's probably on this site!) tried to calculate what year the movie took place in using clues from it (technology, the name of the Prince, cultural references) but I unfortunately forget what her conclusion was.
That being said, if Eric inherits the throne and has children with Ariel, the royal family will be part-Mermaid!

An old history-loving friend of mine (she's probably on this site!) tried to calculate what year the movie took place in using clues from it (technology, the name of the Prince, cultural references) but I unfortunately forget what her conclusion was.
A friend and I tried to do the same and the best we came up with was 1500s Portugal.
That being said, if Eric inherits the throne and has children with Ariel, the royal family will be part-Mermaid!
There is a sequel based around Eric and Ariel's daughter actually. I never saw it as it was way after my time.

Aladdin has genies and magic known to exist in a kingdom somewhere in the Fertile Crescent.
Aladdin is an interesting example. I believe the creators have stated that Agrabah is supposed to be Bagdad. As well, the outfits worn by the characters (especially Jasmine, but not just her) are pretty anachronistic, and so one can assume a different cultural history regarding modesty and such.
Perhaps more interestingly, the story it's based on from 1001 Nights is actually set in China, which is said to be ruled by a Sultan, and everyone seems Muslim. This certainly has repercussions, as it (possibly) implies an Islamic China in the middle ages.

Wait so we were ruled by fish?
Lovecraft sure would have something to say about this...

King Eric the 3rd of Portugal, 1912:
462777860.jpg

Look at the map of Brazil lol
Fi2JwyQX0AEDimI
It appears as that's d' belong to an alternate and different Portuguese and Spanish colonization areas and thus it lead to a differents Brazilians national borders... Given, that it north borders seems to be very near to the Amazon river and the south it's far north than OTL and IIRC near St. Catarina or Rio Grande do Norte Parana but,in change ITTL map, it appears to include the Paraguayan Chaco region and near all of OTL Bolivia and even part of the Peruvian Amazonian region....

Last edited: