Alt-History Aftermath Scenarios Implied by Media

I can imagine the nature of the changes but I don't know if that is more appropriate for Polchat.

Timeless: Considering all the changes the guys at Mason Industries have introduced, I think it's reasonable to assume that their "OTL" is an ATL full of changes across the US. (And that it has a huge butterfly net so that the future is basically the same).

Based on the trailer, they have gone with the P.O.V. of a different character, but will maintain the same events of the comic, from the "Free States Uprising" to the mayoral race....
From what I've read, the new character seems to be more interesting than the old one. Or at least it seems that it will have more hook to attract more public. That should work fine.

The kind of changes I was imagining were more oriented to the origin, motivations and development of the events of the series, as well as the reversal of moral polarities.

I've posted about this ending before, but I'm just curious. What was the state of the Soviet economy by 1981, because I doubt the Soviets have the will or ability to project itself over all of Europe, especially a Europe that has been razed to the ground.

Also, I keep looking at the map of bombs in Europe and somehow, the Americans were able to sneak a bomb into Communist Poland. How? I don't know.
My big concern in this timeline is the effects it would have on European elections

especially when project greenlight is inevitably revealed to the public via Soviet leaks

The 1993 film Dave would have massive effects. Especially if the truth of the entire film came out.
I always liked the fact the one author who caught on was portrayed as a crazy conspiracy theorist in a news clip towards the end. But the amount of people who knew about the big secret.....it would have come out eventually.

I always liked the fact the one author who caught on was portrayed as a crazy conspiracy theorist in a news clip towards the end. But the amount of people who knew about the big secret.....it would have come out eventually.
The weird thing is that person was director Oliver Stone, who was considered infamous at the time for conspiracy theories, especially after his film JFK being released 1 year earlier...

House of Cards had the 2010s have what was essentially the most scandalous presidency ever to happen with Democrat Nixon (but worse) causing an unbelievable amount of damage.

So I’m sure this has been covered already, but Ted Lasso is obviously an alternate universe where football club AFC Richmond exists and to be honest, while it’s implied they aren’t very good as they have few honors, this could easily mean they are a mediocre, bottom half club, but not bad enough to be relegated (yet anyways. I need to finish the show) though I’m not sure if you get a trophy when you get promoted. In addition, AFC Richmond seems to have been top flight since the 80s as they haven’t won’t at Everton FC in Liverpool in that long.

One thing too is in regards to American football. It says Ted Lasso was football coach at Wichita State. Wichita State hasn’t had football since 1986. Obviously they kept it in this timeline, but it’s said that Wichita won the division 2 national title. This means that Wichita State either dropped division 1 athletics, the ncaa got rid of its rule that all schools with football had to move their athletic programs to D1 ( before this, you had schools like Georgetown or Dayton or Butler playing D2 or D3 football with major basketball programs), or the ESPN announcer made a mistake and Wichita is in the Division 1-AA level, which has playoffs and includes teams like North Dakota State.

Any of these could be possible as Wichita would fit well in Division 2 as Kansas and Missouri have some very strong D2 programs like Pittsburg St and NW Missouri State. For sure in FCS they’d fit well into the Missouri Valley Football league with teams like North Dakota State and Northern Iowa. Either way, they exist and have football in that universe and it might have some implications on their basketball team.

So I’m sure this has been covered already, but Ted Lasso is obviously an alternate universe where football club AFC Richmond exists and to be honest, while it’s implied they aren’t very good as they have few honors, this could easily mean they are a mediocre, bottom half club, but not bad enough to be relegated (yet anyways. I need to finish the show) though I’m not sure if you get a trophy when you get promoted. In addition, AFC Richmond seems to have been top flight since the 80s as they haven’t won’t at Everton FC in Liverpool in that long.

One thing too is in regards to American football. It says Ted Lasso was football coach at Wichita State. Wichita State hasn’t had football since 1986. Obviously they kept it in this timeline, but it’s said that Wichita won the division 2 national title. This means that Wichita State either dropped division 1 athletics, the ncaa got rid of its rule that all schools with football had to move their athletic programs to D1 ( before this, you had schools like Georgetown or Dayton or Butler playing D2 or D3 football with major basketball programs), or the ESPN announcer made a mistake and Wichita is in the Division 1-AA level, which has playoffs and includes teams like North Dakota State.

Any of these could be possible as Wichita would fit well in Division 2 as Kansas and Missouri have some very strong D2 programs like Pittsburg St and NW Missouri State. For sure in FCS they’d fit well into the Missouri Valley Football league with teams like North Dakota State and Northern Iowa. Either way, they exist and have football in that universe and it might have some implications on their basketball team.

Ok please forgive me I'm going to TRY and explain English football without spoilers regarding Ted Lasso using my team Norwich City who are very similar to Richmond....to the point my wife said "Is this show based in Norwich?"

We are a club like Richmond who float between the TOP tier Premier League and the SECOND tier The Championship (Yes we invented irony 😉) without ever winning the 'big' trophies.......

So we have 5 national leagues with promotion and relagation between each, the top of the football pyramid. Below that you get 'Northern' and 'Southern' leagues who have a promotion and relagation system beyween regional and national and so on down the various levels of the pyramid.

Next layer down are regional leagues South West or North West for example. And so on down the 'pyramid' you go with leagues covering ever smaller areas until you get to Level 9 which contains the top divisions of 16 sub regional leagues I guess......Each of these leagues has a different divisional setup, but they all have one thing in common. They have more leagues below them, each covering smaller and smaller geographical levels.

To the point my home city has a League of its own, that IN THEORY any of it's members could one day be a Premier League Club. All these leagues have Trophys and Cups that are very important if your club exist at that level.

Taking Norwich as a example we are 3rd behind Manchester City and Leicester City when it comes to 'Championship Winners' Trophys. Man City the most dominate force for the last 10ish years were a joke compared to Man United for all of the 20th century Hope that gives you a example how quickly fortunes can change in English football.

Many formey solid Premier League clubs are way down the league structure. Portsmouth, Sunderland, Oldham Athletic, Bolton Wanderers ect.......

I always try and go see a local club, cause it's cheap, fun and they need the money......plus the Ted Lasso Holligans exist at all levels ;)

So I may be a Norwich City fan but I have a soft spot for my 'home town' club Bideford Town 'The Mighty Robins' and since I moved to the area the 'local' club Forest Green Rovers 'Green Army!'.

As for Ted's history pre-Richmond you probably know more than me.

Last edited:
Arslan Senki has what must be a Sassanian Empire that survives to the Middle Ages and a Byzantine Empire conquered by a Balkan Catholic state.

Also the Byzantines and Sassanids are allies and the Sassanids probably expand all the way to Parts of Anatolia but it seems Egypt remains free of both, tho not confirmed

Edit, reading through the Manga again, no Persia is small like Iran and most of Afghanistan. All the South Caucasus is Byzantine, Mesopotamia is probably not part of Persia tho not confirmed and Egypt is independent. I am still confused as to the exact status of Mesopotamia.

Last edited:
Pretty sure Slaughterhouse-Five was covered before, but just how did the US fracture so badly in it? (Tbf it's not an alternate history so much as it is satire).
Relevant excerpt: (Source: Slaughterhouse-Five, Kurt Vonnegut)
I, Billy Pilgrim, the tape begins, will die, have died and always will die on February thirteenth, 1976. At the time of his death, he says, he is in Chicago to address a large crowd on the subject of flying saucers and the true nature of time. His home is still in Ilium. He has had to cross three international boundaries in order to reach Chicago. The United States of America has been Balkanized, has been divided into twenty petty nations so that it will never again be a threat to world peace. Chicago has been hydrogen-bombed by Angry Chinamen. So it goes. It is all brand new.

Last edited:
A bit of going on a dead thread here, but.
I don’t know if anyone has said it but the Percy Jackson books give us a sudden eruption of Mt Saint Helens around June 20 2008 (the timeline I found places it between the 13th and the 24th), whose strength isn’t specified but causes at least half a million people to be evacuated, and after that the volcano erupts a few more times (or the eruption doesn’t stop) until some point around June or early-August when the volcano is obliterated in a single new eruption when Typhon escapes it.
Which, after that, sees Typhon cross the US as a ‘freak storm’ (cof-tornado/hurricane-coff) that ends only in August 17th at which point it had reached Manhattan (and with Brooklyn bridge being destroyed) while storm spirits still continue to cause havoc until at least a few months later (meaning more freaky but less destructive storms)

I’m not going to enter on the other books and series but this alone would probably have some major effects on the world