Alt-History Aftermath Scenarios Implied by Media

So how about any media where Santa is seen/proven to exist? Some of the movies go on to say that actually seeing Santa takes away from the magic for some reason (apparently he’s powered by blind faith?). Others, such as Nightmare Before Christmas, show the world going on relatively as normal even with the knowledge that Santa exists (and perhaps other entities such as the Easter Bunny).

Most films that involve Santa's existence end with him erasing evidence of said existence, but he lets the kids remember him, like in The Christmas Chronicles.

I think the only outlier are the Santa Clause movies, but even then, I think Santa's existence is only known to a few people, like his kids. I haven't seen the movies in over a decade.

There is also that Family Guy Christmas episode where they sing a song about how Santa is being worked to death, but I would rather not use Family Guy in this thread.

In the King's Man, it's revealed that Mata Hari's seduction of Woodrow Wilson in the Oval Office is the real reason of the United States lately timed involvement in the First World War, in the movie, a film negative of Wilson's sexual encounter is recovered.

What exactly would be the political implications if this was eventually revealed to the public, by say 1941?

Considering that the series had 11 Christmas specials, M*A*S*H* could technically be seen as an alternate history, with the Korea War lasting intil 1961!

Considering that the series had 11 Christmas specials, M*A*S*H* could technically be seen as an alternate history, with the Korea War lasting intil 1961!

The question is how to drag out the Korean War for longer than Vietnam, when Korea was more conventional. The public would get tired of it a lot sooner.

The question is how to drag out the Korean War for longer than Vietnam, when Korea was more conventional. The public would get tired of it a lot sooner.
Not necessarily a hard thing, considering that the the U.S. occupied Japan until 1954. As seen by Man with the Iron Heart, it would probably take as little as a continuous insurgency...

Not necessarily a hard thing, considering that the the U.S. occupied Japan until 1954. As seen by Man with the Iron Heart, it would probably take as little as a continuous insurgency...
Maybe North Korea supports partisans in the south, thereby extending U.S. involvement. China would probably be involved too.

has anyone mentioned manchurian candidate yet ?
would love to read a story from such timeline
The scary thing is that the 2004 remake could actually be a continuation of the TL, considering the rise of militarism in both political parties . The fact that multinational corporations are behind Manchurian Inc., in the remake, could be seen as proof that the corporate world discovered the secrets of the experiments .

A literal alien space bat, now thats something
Cough Cough "Lifeforce" (Cannon Films 1985) Cough Cough

It has literal alien space bats. Even better, it has literal alien space bat vampires. Plus two space shuttles. Plus London set aflame. It is simply the best film in the world, from a certain point of view... 😀

It has literal alien space bats. Even better, it has literal alien space bat vampires. Plus two space shuttles. Plus London set aflame. It is simply the best film in the world, from a certain point of view... 😀
The film also has Mathilda May in her birthday suit throughout most of the film, and also has Steve Railsback kissing Patrick Stewart... That's not even a joke.

I just watched that again the other day 😂

The film also has Mathilda May in her birthday suit throughout most of the film, and also has Steve Railsback kissing Patrick Stewart... That's not even a joke.
It also has Peter Firth trying to be hard, Frank Findlay in lumpy prosthetics, some half-decent SFX, and a proper Quatermass-Britain-with-a-space-program vibe. Plus it has a naked Mathilde May. I realise you also mention her but it's worth repeating... 😀

I was thinking that leaving aside the, IMO, plot holes and/or its infeasibility... I'd think that the episode of NCIS-Los Ángeles:
The Bear.... About a Russian warplane managing to not only enter in the US airspace, but to disappear/avoid to be intercepted for later be revealed that somehow it, after to flying over US territory at will, finally was found that it had landed over a patch of land, again seemingly undetected. I think that the whole episode aside that would surely make headlines.
Given that, I'd guess that it would at least increase diplomatic and military tensions with Russia over this supposedly rogue plane/crews As well as that both the Press and the Congress would probably start to raise questions about the US Homeland airspace security and especially to the West Coast cities and their military/naval bases from any possible menace to the current administration and particularly to the US Air Force commands.

Death in Paradise. Britain has another overseas territory heavily influenced by the French due to history with a horrific murder rate when it comes to the global rich and famous.

The British Empire sucked, and they were certainly not 'the good guys' of the American Revolution. However, the actions of William Tavington from the movie The Patriot are lifted straight out of Nazi policy and the effects they would have had on the way the conflict was viewed would be something to behold (even the film itself has him mention his reputation would be in the dirt in England).

Last edited:
The British Empire sucked, and they were certainly not 'the good guys' of the American Revolution. However, the actions of William Tavington from the movie The Patriot are lifted straight out of Nazi policy and the effects they would have had on the way the conflict was viewed would be something to behold (even the film itself has him mention his reputation would be in the dirt in England).
His act of burning down the church filled with innocent civilians would've been burnt into the memory of every American today. The Boston Massacre is remembered and called a massacre even though only 5 people died. Travington's burning of that church and the people inside would've mythologized him in the American Lexicon as a monster greater than even his historical inspiration.

Shadow007

Banned
Hollywood 2020 Netflix series has a much better history than ours

Civil Rights movement starts in the 1940s thanks to the new inclusive films that promote racial and LGBT equality

Rock Hudson indirectly starts the MeToo movement

Alan Turing would flee to the US so he lives longer and happier. Technology progresses much faster