Alt-History Aftermath Scenarios Implied by Media

Halloween (2018) and Halloween Kills.

Michael Myers, after escaping from a crashed prison bus on October 31st, 2018, commits the worst single-person spree stabbing that rivals even the worst mass shootings in the history of the United States. He's killed roughly 40-50 people over the course of 24 hours in Haddonfield, Illinois. Among the dead are 2 police officers, 3 corrections employees, and 11 firefighters. At the end of Halloween Kills, the sequel to Halloween (2018), also set on the same night, Michael is cornered by a large mob, who shoot him in the upper torso five times then proceed to bludgeon him with dozens of melee weapons. He proceeds to get up and kill several, making the mob flee. It is then implied that he vanishes or disappears at the end of the movie, or at least that's how I interpreted it.

In the movies, Haddonfield's sheriff mentions that the scale of death and destruction was so large that he had to request the state to help and that Haddonfield's morgue was overflowing with bodies. It is mentioned that several SWAT teams were deployed to look for him as well.

By November 1st, I would expect the Haddonfield murders to be national news, as over 50 people including half an entire town's fire department was slaughtered, and after word comes out that the killings were done solely by knife or melee weapons, everyone would be perplexed. How could one man do this? A massive manhunt would probably be ordered by the Governor, with National Guard troops and the FBI probably assisting to find Myers. Michael probably becomes the most wanted man in the United States, possibly even the world. Many would question how he survived so many injuries which should have killed him (including getting shot 10 times and being hit by a car). This will inevitably be turned into a political issue as well, but I will not delve into that.

I think that this movies would have 'interesting' (in the Chinese sense) Althistorical possible implications:

pycha-predsudek-a-zombie-25065.jpg
MV5BMTA0ODAxMTc1NTBeQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU3MDkwNzgwODc@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jp

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies & Outpost: Black Sun

Michael Myers, after escaping from a crashed prison bus on October 31st, 2018, commits the worst single-person spree stabbing that rivals even the worst mass shootings in the history of the United States. He's killed roughly 40-50 people over the course of 24 hours in Haddonfield, Illinois. Among the dead are 2 police officers, 3 corrections employees, and 11 firefighters. At the end of Halloween Kills, the sequel to Halloween (2018), also set on the same night, Michael is cornered by a large mob, who shoot him in the upper torso five times then proceed to bludgeon him with dozens of melee weapons. He proceeds to get up and kill several, making the mob flee. It is then implied that he vanishes or disappears at the end of the movie, or at least that's how I interpreted it.

In the movies, Haddonfield's sheriff mentions that the scale of death and destruction was so large that he had to request the state to help and that Haddonfield's morgue was overflowing with bodies. It is mentioned that several SWAT teams were deployed to look for him as well.

By November 1st, I would expect the Haddonfield murders to be national news, as over 50 people including half an entire town's fire department was slaughtered, and after word comes out that the killings were done solely by knife or melee weapons, everyone would be perplexed. How could one man do this? A massive manhunt would probably be ordered by the Governor, with National Guard troops and the FBI probably assisting to find Myers. Michael probably becomes the most wanted man in the United States, possibly even the world. Many would question how he survived so many injuries which should have killed him (including getting shot 10 times and being hit by a car). This will inevitably be turned into a political issue as well, but I will not delve into that.
There's also Myers prior history making this even more sensational.

Slasher movies become even more scarce than in our timeline

because Michael Myers murders would make a movie like that into a landmine

The zombie army trilogy depicts a world war 2 that ends with a zombie apocalypse averted but with Europe in a far worse state than in our timeline

how would this effect the Cold War and politics up to our modern era?

I’d expect religious and conspiracy theories to be going crazy over Michael’s superhuman abilities. Even the rare cases where soldiers in combat endured traumatic injuries and kept fighting, they usually were using guns, couldn’t really move once the adrenaline started to wane, and required immediate hospitalization (even then, they didn’t take as much as Michael did). Folks would be shouting witchcraft, Satanism, or aliens.

Signs ended with an alien invasion fucked over by water

The sheer absurdity of this situation would kill half of the population through sheer laughter I suspect

In the Riverdale tv show, modern day Archie Andrews served in the US army during a war in Uzbekistan, a war which involved the use of World War 1 equipment, uniforms, and tactics.

Seems like the shows creators wanted Archie to be a darker and more damaged character but rather then tie him to any real life war, they decided making a weird hodgepodge of elements would be better for some reason.

Oh, and he was driven to join up because some ghosts from the Second World War were haunting him.

Last edited:
Signs ended with an alien invasion fucked over by water

The sheer absurdity of this situation would kill half of the population through sheer laughter I suspect
“Yes, we can confirm that these aliens were susceptible to damage and even death when exposed to water and arrived on our planet without suits. Nor did they seem to target major infrastructure or command and communication installations and personnel. They also did not use weapons other than the chemical spray on their wrists. We are now analyzing their bodies and technology. Questions?”

“Bob Smith from OMG News. So we got invaded by dumb invisible space hippies?“

“It seems that way, yes.”

“Yes, we can confirm that these aliens were susceptible to damage and even death when exposed to water and arrived on our planet without suits. Nor did they seem to target major infrastructure or command and communication installations and personnel. They also did not use weapons other than the chemical spray on their wrists. We are now analyzing their bodies and technology. Questions?”

“Bob Smith from OMG News. So we got invaded by dumb invisible space hippies?“

“It seems that way, yes.”
Then again, it makes more sense, if you go with the fan theory that the aliens are actually demons, and that the reason the aliens died was because the water had been blessed by Mel Gibson's character who was an ordained minister/ priest.

Then again, it makes more sense, if you go with the fan theory that the aliens are actually demons, and that the reason the aliens died was because the water had been blessed by Mel Gibson's character who was an ordained minister/ priest.
It would make sense from a allegorical perspective

but completely falls apart when you remember that EVERYONE experienced this all over the world with water being heavily hinted to be the reason why the military triumphed

“Strange weakness” as the radio put it

the sheer absurdity of the situation would break the minds of humanity

Last edited:
It would make sense from a allegorical perspective

but completely falls apart when you remember that EVERYONE experienced this all over the world with water being heavily hinted to be the reason why the military triumphed

“Strange weakness” as the radio put it

the sheer absurdity of the situation would break the minds of humanity
Sometimes the obvious solution isn't that obvious.

But yeah, after you watch it a second time, you do scratch your head about this plot point.

Only suggestions I can offer are that A: the invaders came from an environment similar to ours save for water being substituted for something else. Or B: the aliens didn't have a problem with water on THEIR planet, but when they came to ours, something weakened their resistance to ours. Kinda like an inversion of Kryptonians and red and yellow suns.