Alt-History Aftermath Scenarios Implied by Media

What would be the theoretical aftermath to the events of Stranger Things 3? At the end, the Army is called to Hawkins when a underground Soviet base is discovered at Hawkins Mall, what effects would this have US-Soviet relations in 1985?

What would be the theoretical aftermath to the events of Stranger Things 3? At the end, the Army is called to Hawkins when a underground Soviet base is discovered at Hawkins Mall, what effects would this have US-Soviet relations in 1985?

That would not be good for Cold War tensions, unless it was covered up.

poseidon-rex.jpg

MV5BMTkyNjc3NzY1MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODU1NDgxNjE@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

MV5BMWE5NjkzNWItOGRlNC00YmUwLThmZGYtZGViY2U0ZjMyYzQ5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDUxNjc5NjY@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Last edited:
I'd like to see the aftermath of older B-movies like Them or The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms. How would monsters affect the Cold War and nuclear arms race? Would people become suspicious of nuclear power sooner?

Imagine this little mess. Giant megladon sharks attack naval vessels off the coast of the United States and the Peoples' Republic of China, and can be only stopped by giant laser beam weapons:

X-men first class ends with the Cuban missile crisis putting the world closer to nuclear disaster than in our timeline

while also having the Soviets and Americans work together in the end

I have no idea what could possibly happen next

X-men first class ends with the Cuban missile crisis putting the world closer to nuclear disaster than in our timeline

while also having the Soviets and Americans work together in the end

I have no idea what could possibly happen next
Judging on the follow-up movies, not too much. The bigger moment is X-Men Apocalypse since the antagonist had all nuclear weapons destroyed and Magneto caused untold damage to coastal cities worldwide.

jparker77

Banned
The Strike Back TV franchise.

You‘ve got everything from a South African billionaire trying to finance a revolution to create a nuclear armed African super state in Zimbabwe, and Johannesburg narrowly escapes being destroyed in a nuclear fireball, a Terrorist group nearly carrying out a successful attack using weaponized smallpox at a NATO base, renegade North Korean fanatics nearly restarting the Korean War, Russian ultranationalists nearly starting World War Three, multiple false flag plots.....

The triggers have originally been sold to Conrad Knox (Charles Dance), an English billionaire and philanthropist based in South Africa, who runs the Knox Foundation, charged with disarming unstable regions. However, it becomes apparent that he is using the weapons to arm his own militia and is using the triggers to build nuclear weapons with the intent of liberating Africa "to a point where its voice is not just heard but listened to."

Excuse me, what the actual fuck? I don't know the specifics, but a white dude trying to do a Killmonger is going to have weird impacts on race relations.

jparker77

Banned
Excuse me, what the actual fuck? I don't know the specifics, but a white dude trying to do a Killmonger is going to have weird impacts on race relations.
It’s very much woven up in Knox’s family history; his father worked at a bank, and got fired for offering loans to black South Africans if I remember correctly. His big plan is to break a Zimbabwean opposition leader out of prison, overthrow Robert Mugabe, and then create a super state in Zimbabwe.

However, he didn’t actually bother to run the idea of “gee, let’s give Zimbabwe nukes” by the opposition leader first, and the man(I can’t quite remember how you spell his name— Walter Liltulu I think?) is horrified and angered when he finds out. After all, he wants to reintroduce democracy, not turn Zimbabwe into an ever worse pariah state by giving it nukes. The show makes it pretty clear that the scheme, for all Knox‘s high minded rhetoric, is much more based on personal vengeance than actually helping anyone.

The Johnny English's movies?
Cause, even if they are spy spoof movies, I'd think that especially the first, (even if its plot, it's a parodic one), with the Queen abdication and the appointing, as her legit/legal successor, of a foreign born king (and a French one, for the first time since William I) over the rest of the UK Royal succession line. Even, if it would be temporal, would have created an ahistorical scenario.

Last edited:
I mean Cairo is also leveled to build an enormous solar pyramid
Don't forget that we have giant Sentinel droids as a result of the X-Men in 1973, not to mention the San Francisco Golden Gate Bridge taking a role of the World Trade Center, as a result of the fighting with the X-Men,...

Don't forget that we have giant Sentinel droids as a result of the X-Men in 1973, not to mention the San Francisco Golden Gate Bridge taking a role of the World Trade Center, as a result of the fighting with the X-Men,...

That's true, but with changes to the timeline the Sentinel program is mothballed and Trask denounced as a traitor and the Golden Gate Bridge thing never happens