Alt-History Aftermath Scenarios Implied by Media

We all saw Pixels (2015), and were ultimately disappointed, but what if in 2015, aliens attacked humanity attacked us using video game characters and tropes?

ETCSQhTWsAAHFCC.jpg

Castlevania map of Europe.

Not implied but instead not really though about occurs on the Scarlett Pimpernel (a book series published in the early 20th century, ended up creating the trope of the hero with a secret identity as well as the trop of said hero having his social identity be an buffonish rich guy with no day job), where one of the books (Eldorado) has the protagonist help the son of Louis XVI escape the Temple and smuggle him to the Low Countries. So unlike OTL where the boy dies in 1795 here he escapes in early 1794. As far as I can find no of the other books works on it or the fact that the uncrowned king of France (at least for those not aligned with the Revolutionaries) is now free from the revolutionaries

11216-14327-Yesterdajpg

Yesterday depicts an alternate world in which The Beatles never existed thus after that the main character get Isoted/SI to his alternate self and (according to the movie plot, even if it, from an AH POW wouldn't make any sense) given that this world has never heard the Beatles' music before... He get instant fame and praises as a creative genius, becoming in a superstar with worldwide and huge crowds of unconditional fans.

71HSV9Fw7nL._AC_SL1459_.jpg

The Foreigner that's a 2017 Jacky Chan lead action thriller film (adapted/based on a '92 novel) whose plot its triggered when a rogue Irish terrorist group reignite the Irish troubles with a bombing in London... Aside, of the rest of the Plot, I would guess that after a terrorist attempt from the magnitude depicted in the Film, that, at least for Britain, any kind of peace agreement would be 'dead in the water'...

Last edited:
Anna.png

Tech in Anna (2019) seems to be far ahead of OTL. That's a screenshot of agent inserting USB-drive to KGB director's laptop in 1990.

Cold war has to be major escalation phase. KGB agents are assasinating people all over europe and at the end of the movie americans strike back by assasinating KGB director and lot of their officers at the KGB headquaters in Moscow.

Last edited:
This would seems as an after ISOT images that could be depicting an downtimers allied forces in an militar parade in the Uptimers capital...

defilade-of-independence-on-the-occasion-of-the-polish-army-day-on-picture-id1028838150

'Piast dynasty troops' (Polish reenactors) marching in a military parade.
48562472016_bf08ebf1bd_b.jpg

Regiment Króla Jegomości Władysława IV Wazy (The Foreign Regiment of His Majesty King Władysław IV Waza).

Last edited:
Here is a major scene from the 2020 film Hunters that would be mind-blowing! Hitler and Eva Braun are alive in 1977, in Argentina

that felt like it came out of left field, considering how generally grounded the series had been until that point. (comic book-y imagine spots aside) I also have a hard time believing Adolf could survive that long with his health.
That ending felt like it came out of left field considering how generally grounded the rest of the show was (comic book-y imagine spots aside). I had a bit of a hard time believing Hitler could survive that long too, with the state he was in at the end of the war.

Geon

Donor
One 80's Cold War Thriller that had me up late after seeing it was Countdown to Looking Glass.

I found the scenario frighteningly believable. Without giving too many spoilers away for those who haven't seen it yet my question is - assuming the President is Ronald Reagan at this time, what happens after the film ends. We've already had a single nuclear exchange and the film implies worse is to come but will that really be the case?

One 80's Cold War Thriller that had me up late after seeing it was Countdown to Looking Glass.

I found the scenario frighteningly believable. Without giving too many spoilers away for those who haven't seen it yet my question is - assuming the President is Ronald Reagan at this time, what happens after the film ends. We've already had a single nuclear exchange and the film implies worse is to come but will that really be the case?
Wow

I'm actually watching this right now and was about to post about it. Freaky

In addition to Geon's post, there is an interview with Gene McCarthy that seems insinuate he is an incumbent senator.

Which is more likely: McCarthy doesn't nor lose reelection or that he ran and won again, perhaps in 1982?

Edit: Wait, there was a "former senator " caption. My bad

Last edited:
And of course, the ending of Jurassic World 2 has now caused dinosaurs to become an invasive species in California which should be great for the local humans and wildlife.
Firstly, I never thought I would ever hear the words "dinosaurs", "invasive species", and "California" in the same sentence.

Secondly, the ramifications of this scenario would be insanely interesting to see in Jurassic World: Dominion. Would the military gun the dinosaurs down? Would there be dinosaur right activists? Would the dinosaurs be enclosed in a national park area and left on their own? I can't wait to see Dominion because this is one of the most fascinating alt-hists I have ever seen.