Alt-History Aftermath Scenarios Implied by Media

Air Force One is an interesting one, how where terrorists able to capture "the worlds most secure aircraft".
I suggest a Congressional investigation, although I suspect President Marshall & Vice-President Bennett sweep to re-election as news of the President's bravery on the plane and Bennett's handling of the crises on the ground gets out to the public.
The novel of the film has Marshall as the former two term Governor from Iowa, and Bennett a former Senator from New Jersey.

When you think about it, the only things that would have prevented a lot of people's careers ending in disgrace in the aftermath of 1961's Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea would be that they're dead already, or that many of the people who could replace them are dead already. 😱

Steve Alten's 2002 technothriller Goliath. I'm still kind of upset that he ditched his plans for writing a sequel Sorceress in favor of recycling bits of its plot into the unrelated The Omega Project.

Air Force One is an interesting one, how where terrorists able to capture "the worlds most secure aircraft".
I suggest a Congressional investigation, although I suspect President Marshall & Vice-President Bennett sweep to re-election as news of the President's bravery on the plane and Bennett's handling of the crises on the ground gets out to the public.
The novel of the film has Marshall as the former two term Governor from Iowa, and Bennett a former Senator from New Jersey.
2003_scary_movie_3_003.jpg

I think that that the sci-fi film Déjà Vu would offer interesting Alt Historical possibilities... Even if are neighboring ignonored any possible plot inconsistents and if only it's considered the final movie's altered ('corrected') timeline..
Then I would think that the 'last minute' terrorist attempt thwarting (shoot out included) on the military ferry of these magnitude that would have targeted to the families of the so many of the US Army service members..
it would have important consequences even if only in strengthen the counterterrorism security measures with call the related to the service members families ant of course a througful investigation of the security failures that would have possibilted what I suppose that would have been the bigger and bloodiest 'Lone Wolf' domestic terrorist attempt.
Also, that a US government agency (NSA?) 'Chronological' surveillance system as was portrayed on screen, too, would have developed and that were usin to watch to the US Citizens... I suppose that it would have deeperffects and implications than that those that were portrayed on the movie...

D_j_Vu-178051318-mmed.jpg

not sure if this has been mentioned or not, but what is going to happen after the POWs rescued by Rambo after Rambo II come home?
There’s obviously going to be an investigation if there are more prison camps full of Americans in Vietnam. Vietnam not returning pows despite the war being over is going to damage the Vietnamese government’s reputation. I do wonder what the families of all the soldiers that were labeled as MIA are going to start demanding actions from US government once the discovery is revealed.

Last edited:
The John Wick movies’ portrayal of the criminal underworld and the main character’s actions should have gotten them way more public attention from local and international law enforcement.

Then again, there is at least one cop who knows about John’s “work” and turns a blind eye to it.

The end of the first kingsman leaves the implication that most of the world's elites have died rather gory deaths (for example, all of the president's cabinet and the main members of the British Royal Family) and have been exposed as having supported a mass killing to curb the world's population (I never got if the cause of the violence in the movie's climax is revealed to the world, so that may be a wrong assumption), so that probably has some effects on the world at large

What about A. Hailey's old Political novel: 'IN HIGH PLACES' . Though that its plot/pod seems to have been written from an American perspective and/or with a Cold War 'logics'. Even so, I think that if extrapolated at least in my opinion, it could have far reaching althistoricals consequences...
41FCp8QNzpL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I just remembered this:

There’s a line in Batman Begins where Ken Watanabe’s Ra’s al Ghul character mentions how the League of Shadows has been responsible for destroying corrupt cities for a long time.

It is highly possible there are lost historical manuscripts from several civilizations of different time periods that describe a group mysterious masked individuals who show up just before their city is destroyed.

The end of the first kingsman leaves the implication that most of the world's elites have died rather gory deaths (for example, all of the president's cabinet and the main members of the British Royal Family) and have been exposed as having supported a mass killing to curb the world's population (I never got if the cause of the violence in the movie's climax is revealed to the world, so that may be a wrong assumption), so that probably has some effects on the world at large
yes; with the loss of the heads of many countries and corporations, it is possible many countries of the first world collapse or sufer terrible civil crisis

The John Wick movies’ portrayal of the criminal underworld and the main character’s actions should have gotten them way more public attention from local and international law enforcement.

Then again, there is at least one cop who knows about John’s “work” and turns a blind eye to it.
IIRC the producers stated that the criminal underworld had a truce with the world governments, basically it went like "Stay out of civilian affairs/don't kill civilians or anyone not involved in the underworld and we'll stay out your way"

The ending scene of John Wick 2 cements how powerful the criminal underworld is, where they managed to get hundreds of agents in NYC I think it was to disguise themselves as normal civilians.

Last edited:
Something I found odd about Ghostbusters 2 is that the Ghostbusters are washed up and virtually forgotten only four years after the first movie. There's no way the near-destruction of New York City by a Sumerian god would just go unnoticed. Of course, the existence of the afterlife being confirmed would have enormous implications, especially for religion.

I know this reply is a bit late, but isn't this the way the real world works? The loud flashy people who are good at sound bytes get all the press and fame, while the hard workers who actually keep the world running and safe labor in obscurity.

I'd be curious what kind of political clusterfuck would happen if CK Walker's Borrasca actually happened.

I've been trying to write a fanfic with that setting. In the end, we have Jimmy Prescott on death row, the Sheriff's Department declared a criminal enterprise and most of its members doing life for their roles in the kidnappings and murders, the town of Drisking basically abandoned after then trials, and numerous figures in the DOJ jailed for corruption for allowing the trafficking ring to operate.