Alt-History Aftermath Scenarios Implied by Media

As far as the Mission Impossible series goes, Ghost Protocol would bring the most butterflies. The Kremlin is bombed, the Chancellor of Austria is assassinated, and San Francisco has a near-miss with a nuclear missile. The Swedish-born perpetrator seeked to start a nuclear war between Russia and the United States so that humanity can restart.

Posadist advocates would likely be monitored once the government knows of the perpetrator's motive. Also, given the amount of time remaining by the time the missile is deactivated, any later action would have massive consequences on both Russia and the United States.

Something I found odd about Ghostbusters 2 is that the Ghostbusters are washed up and virtually forgotten only four years after the first movie. There's no way the near-destruction of New York City by a Sumerian god would just go unnoticed. Of course, the existence of the afterlife being confirmed would have enormous implications, especially for religion.

Quite.

"The Real Ghostbusters" cartoon was a far better sequel.

[It was "The Real Ghostbusters" because there was a TV show called "The Ghost Busters" with Forrest Tucker, Larry Storch, and a guy in a gorilla suit. After the movie "Ghostbusters" came out, in 1986 a cartoon sequel of the TV show was rushed into production. Thus, the cartoon sequel to the movie had to have a distinctive title.}

Something I found odd about Ghostbusters 2 is that the Ghostbusters are washed up and virtually forgotten only four years after the first movie. There's no way the near-destruction of New York City by a Sumerian god would just go unnoticed. Of course, the existence of the afterlife being confirmed would have enormous implications, especially for religion.
Of course, there is the theory that the Ghostbusters died from the explosion after crossing the streams and the sequel takes place in the afterlife.

The Clive Cussler novels were almost all ripe for AH, since they all involved staggering acheological finds and amazing technological discoveries. One even had teleportation! And of course, all of this vanished in the next book in the series.

The 1998 film The Man in the Iron Mask shows the main characters discovering the existence of a long-hidden twin of King Louis XIV. The movie ends with King Louis XIV being replaced by the twin and this results in the new king being able to bring France food, prosperity and peace, and is remembered as the greatest ruler of his nation. From this I can only assume that the French Revolution never happens and the Ancien Regime is still in power.

I have been thinking lately about the aftermath of the remake of The Day the Earth Stood Still (2008) - yeah, not a great movie, but interesting to imagine the world more than a decade without any electronic technology.

One I just thought of: Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End ends with the head of the East India Company being killed in battle with pirates, after leading a campaign to clear them from the ocean. This would certainly hurt the Company's reputation, at the very least. The existence of a worldwide council of pirates, complete with a pirate king, also has some interesting implications.

You know, I kind of wonder what the Terminator universe would look like after John Connor and the human resistance defeat Skynet. Though there’s probably too little info about the war itself to really talk about the aftermath.

Global paranoia would definitely ensue. Also, all of those who allied with Valentine are dead, so whatever governments that remain would probably be the most trustworthy ones.

Depending on who dies, the entertainment industry would also get completely messed up for the next few months.
I guess the few surviving governments will be those from the Third World; because as it is seen the movie, even te people in the Pentagon was allied with Valentine; it will be a terrible blow to USA and EU

Also, i would like to know, how would be the aftermath of Deep Impact; seeing the first impact occurs anyways; how many nations really survive

You know, I kind of wonder what the Terminator universe would look like after John Connor and the human resistance defeat Skynet. Though there’s probably too little info about the war itself to really talk about the aftermath.
Well, there are not many maps about that; but there was small minors stories made by Emote Control; the north hemisphere is really devastated; , Japan is gone; i assume the big human cities will be in the southern hemisphere

Another aftermath, i would like to see would be about "the Fith Wave"

Last edited:
Well, there are not many maps about that; but there was small minors stories made by kpence; the north hemisphere is really devastated; , Jana is gone; i assume the big human cities will be in the southern hemisphere

Another aftermath, i would like to see would be about "the Fith Wave"

Who is kpence, and where is Jana?

Well, there are not many maps about that; but there was small minors stories made by Emote Control; the north hemisphere is really devastated; , Japan is gone; i assume the big human cities will be in the southern hemisphere
I didn’t know @Emote Control has done a few Terminator stories set after the Future War ends, I’ll have to check those out. The only other stories I've found to be set after Skynet is defeated is a oneshot titled Terminator: Mothers and Sons, which is set after the end of the video game Terminator: Resistance (which I highly recommend).

I think there’s also another story set after humanity beats Skynet called The Catch, but I haven’t read it yet.

What I really would like to see though is a whole timeline showing what humanity does after defeating Skynet.

Last edited: