Alt-History Aftermath Scenarios Implied by Media

In the Star Trek Universe, the Soviet Union never fell or got back again in the 23th Century.
My own personal headcanon, back from when I was a 90s kid Trekker, was that "Leningrad" is the name of a popular (presumably Soviet-styled) theme park.

I mean, hey, it's been 300 years...it'd be like a Ren Faire, or Disneyland. People from the actual 1600s would probably find those baffling, too.

Just be glad we didn't get to see the park they have in Germany. Eek.

tos2x21g_6057.png

My own personal headcanon, back from when I was a 90s kid Trekker, was that "Leningrad" is the name of a popular (presumably Soviet-styled) theme park.

I mean, hey, it's been 300 years...it'd be like a Ren Faire, or Disneyland. People from the actual 1600s would probably find those baffling, too.

Just be glad we didn't get to see the park they have in Germany. Eek.

tos2x21g_6057.png
Sounds fun XD.
Even if from retrospective, it doesn't make much sense

Perseus’s attack will end the Reagan Revolution and destroy the economy

The ruination of an entire continent has consequences

Last edited:
In fullmetal alchemist: conquerors of shamballa, the nazis beer ball putsch involved seizing advanced technology from an alternate universe to help in their conquest of Germany and the rest of Europe

an earlier world war 2 with advanced technology

holy fuck that would have had profound effects on the timeline

The obscure 1978 novel The Hermes Fall. An asteroid named Hermes collides with Earth on 25 August 1980 after a failed attempt to deflect it. It’s not civilization ending but still has quite a few consequences,like thrown up gunk blanketing the sky and deteriorating weather.

....actually,imma make a sequel TL someday

What would be the theoretical aftermath to the events of Stranger Things 3? At the end, the Army is called to Hawkins when a underground Soviet base is discovered at Hawkins Mall, what effects would this have US-Soviet relations in 1985?

What would be the theoretical aftermath to the events of Stranger Things 3? At the end, the Army is called to Hawkins when a underground Soviet base is discovered at Hawkins Mall, what effects would this have US-Soviet relations in 1985?

That would not be good for Cold War tensions, unless it was covered up.

I'd like to see the aftermath of older B-movies like Them or The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms. How would monsters affect the Cold War and nuclear arms race? Would people become suspicious of nuclear power sooner?

Imagine this little mess. Giant megladon sharks attack naval vessels off the coast of the United States and the Peoples' Republic of China, and can be only stopped by giant laser beam weapons:

X-men first class ends with the Cuban missile crisis putting the world closer to nuclear disaster than in our timeline

while also having the Soviets and Americans work together in the end

I have no idea what could possibly happen next

X-men first class ends with the Cuban missile crisis putting the world closer to nuclear disaster than in our timeline

while also having the Soviets and Americans work together in the end

I have no idea what could possibly happen next
Judging on the follow-up movies, not too much. The bigger moment is X-Men Apocalypse since the antagonist had all nuclear weapons destroyed and Magneto caused untold damage to coastal cities worldwide.