All the OTL maps from 500 CE to 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thande

Donor
Excellent job, KT...

Only one thing I would have done differently - on the 1944 map I'd have had southern Italy as brown (at least in outline) and northern Italy pale grey, 'cause the legitimate Kingdom of Italy was allied with the Allies at that point and the RSI in the north was a limp German puppet.

I have some theoretical quibbles with your treatment of North America, (too many native states in early history, too few native states once the Europeans show up) but otherwise I am very impressed and will definitely use this as my go-to source for OTL world maps.

It's beacuse some maps say this and other say that. you know what I mean;)

I have some theoretical quibbles with your treatment of North America, (too many native states in early history, too few native states once the Europeans show up) but otherwise I am very impressed and will definitely use this as my go-to source for OTL world maps.

How about rather then stickying yet another thread in here, someone goes through the OTL map thread and weed out all the non-map replies? Same with the blank map thread?

How about rather then stickying yet another thread in here, someone goes through the OTL map thread and weed out all the non-map replies? Same with the blank map thread?

Or we can just put things like blank maps and useful AH links in the wiki rather than having a million sticky threads.

Thande

Donor
Or we can just put things like blank maps and useful AH links in the wiki rather than having a million sticky threads.

I support Baldie's idea.

Ideally we need something like Wiki Commons, where you can see thumbnail images of the maps rather than just links.

Spanish Morocco was abolished in 1956, when Morocco became independent from France and Spain. I will post corrected maps showing this, and other corrections as necessary.

Here is a corrected map of the world in 1975. I have also corrected and cleaned up the borders in Europe as well, also showing a small grey dot (pixel) showing the location of West Berlin as well. The map was originally drawn by Thande. Oops, the blasted pixel for West Berlin doesn't show up very well, aaarrrggghh!!!

Thande's World 1975.gif

Here is a map of the world, OTL, on 1 September 1939, the day that Nazi Germany invaded Poland setting off the European theatre of WW2. I have made corrections to boundaries as necessary. Replaced the solid British Pink for Nepal, Sikkim, Bhutan, and Oman w/ outline of same color due to the fact that these nations were not under direct british rule, but rather influenced by Britain. Slovakia is in light grey, indicating that it is under German "protection".

Thande's World 1939.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.