I'll just make a thread to put all this stuff in. Speaking of, here's an update:

5WHhpYN.png

bC7fK7l.png

Really enjoying this! The idea of era-specific coloring schemes is something that's caught my mind recently, very useful for showing very important changes for continuously existent states. Like the Rome-Byzantium debate, only with no text. Looking forward to what comes next!

More likely than for the US, such a era-based colour scheme could be applied to Germany, to France, to Spain, to the UK, to Russia, to almost every European country! he UK of 1649 is normally just as pink as the UK of 2018 - but they were nothing like each other.
Napoleon's France or the Ancien Régime France also shouldn't be just as blue as the 2018 democratic version of France.

More likely than for the US, such a era-based colour scheme could be applied to Germany, to France, to Spain, to the UK, to Russia, to almost every European country! he UK of 1649 is normally just as pink as the UK of 2018 - but they were nothing like each other.
Napoleon's France or the Ancien Régime France also shouldn't be just as blue as the 2018 democratic version of France.
I agree wholeheartedly. I feel like more localized colour schemes would be better than just trying to make massive all-encompassing colour schemes since then you could have overlapping colours on the various keys without having to clarify which countries were which. Plus you have a more personalized scheme for each region.