Album Covers from an alternate universe

DF5D2379-DA67-4B2F-98EC-88297570C6D0.jpeg

After they reunited at Live Aid, The Doors released their 10th studio album. “Lost In The Desert”, it was a success. But was criticized because of the “Sound Of The Era” sound to it. But some gems like “See Me”, a nod to the old Doors sound, Ray Manzerek takes the vocals on “Trapdoor”, a 12 bar blues song, and “Lost In The Desert”, the synthesizer filled modern touch on the old Doors sound. But the one that was critized the most was the 80s remake of “Break On Through (To The Other Side)”. It was filled with drum machine beats and sythesizers. People think that only Manzerek and Morrison were the only people in the studio when they made it.

Last edited:
hEEpyNA.png

Elvis gets out of the movie contracts and finally tours Europe in 1965; this album being the result of it. (He would've done an album with The Beatles but John made his infamous comment shooting down that idea)

Side A
1. Down in the Alley (Studio)
2. Tomorrow is a Long Time (Studo)
3. Eleanor Rigby (Studio)
4. Yesterday (Live)
5. So High (Studio)

Side B
1. Run On (Studio)
2. Blue Suede Shoes (Live)
3. Jailhouse Rock (Live)
4. Hound Dog (Live)
5. I'll Be Back (Studio)

hEEpyNA.png

Elvis gets out of the movie contracts and finally tours Europe in 1965; this album being the result of it. (He would've done an album with The Beatles but John made his infamous comment shooting down that idea)

Side A
4. Yesterday (Live)
5. So High (Studio)

Side B
1. Run On (Studio)
3. Jailhouse Rock (Live)
4. Hound Dog (Live)
5. I'll Be Back (Studio)
Loving these alt history Elvis albums where he lives and his career is better than OTL! The Beatles/Elvis album would've been quite interesting to see though...

hEEpyNA.png

Side A
4. Yesterday (Live)
5. So High (Studio)

Side B
1. Run On (Studio)
3. Jailhouse Rock (Live)
4. Hound Dog (Live)
5. I'll Be Back (Studio)
The real reason Elvis never toured Europe had nothing to do with movie contracts. Col Tom Parker was an illegal alien and couldn't get a passport. Rather than risk having Elvis go off without him and possibly losing control over him, Parker refused to allow Elvis (except for his hitch in the Army) to travel outside of the the US, Canada and Mexico.

The real reason Elvis never toured Europe had nothing to do with movie contracts. Col Tom Parker was an illegal alien and couldn't get a passport. Rather than risk having Elvis go off without him and possibly losing control over him, Parker refused to allow Elvis (except for his hitch in the Army) to travel outside of the the US, Canada and Mexico.
I know

michael-hutchence-.jpg
A poster of the Australian rock band INXS' hit album "Save My Life". Lead singer Michael Hutchence, who was suffering through depression, had attempted suicide on the 22 of November 1997. After being found and resuscitated by a maid at the hotel he was staying in, he was rushed to hospital. The following year, INXS would release "Save My Life", the title song having been written by Hutchence prior to his suicide attempt. The money the album made would be donated to suicide prevention charities.
It would be the last album released by Hutchence before going to rehab in 1999.

I have no idea if you include fictional soundtracks but here's something that was suggested to me by someone on my Supergirl forum
PSX_20190220_111918.jpg

kBFJuaL.jpg

Ian McDonald and Michael Giles leave King Crimson per OTL. But Greg Lake stays after Keith Emerson and Carl Palmer ask to join the group following discussions to form a trio are discarded. They become one of the most successful acts of the 70's and 80's. Members eventually leave one by one until 1975 when the most famous and longest-standing lineup of Emerson, Lake & Palmer begins. "Tarkus" is the 4th studio album by the band.

Tarkus (1971)
All songs written by King Crimson unless noted:

Side A
1. Tarkus

Side B
2. Jeremy Bender (Emerson-Lake-Sinfield)
3. Ladies Of The Road
4. Bitches Crystal
5. Prelude: Song Of The Gulls (Fripp)
6. Islands (Fripp-Sinfield)

Personnel
Robert Fripp - guitar
Greg Lake - bass, vocals
Peter Sinfield - lyrics, illumination
Mel Collins - woodwinds
Keith Emerson - keyboards
Carl Palmer - drums

Last edited:
kBFJuaL.jpg

Ian McDonald and Michael Giles leave King Crimson per OTL. But Greg Lake stays after Keith Emerson and Carl Palmer ask to join the group following discussions to form a trio are discarded. They become one of the most successful acts of the 70's and 80's. Members eventually leave one by one until 1977 when the most famous and longest-standing lineup of Emerson, Lake & Palmer begins.

Tarkus (1971)
All songs written by King Crimson unless noted:

Side A
1. Tarkus

Side B
2. Jeremy Bender (Emerson-Lake-Sinfield)
3. The Letters
4. Bitches Crystal
5. Prelude: Song Of The Gulls (Fripp)
6. Islands (Fripp-Sinfield)

Personnel
Robert Fripp - guitar
Greg Lake - bass, vocals
Peter Sinfield - lyrics, illumination
Mel Collins - woodwinds
Keith Emerson - keyboards
Carl Palmer - drums

Wonder if that means Bill Bruford will stay with Yes

Wonder if that means Bill Bruford will stay with Yes
Even though Bruford doesn't join Crimson, after Fripp leaves Crimson in 1974, he will form the group Discipline with himself, Bruford, Tony Levin and Adrian Belew. Every Crimson lineup post-1981 in OTL will be the lineup of Discipline in this TL. I feel that this trio King Crimson to be kind-of like or even replace Genesis in the new TL.

Even though Bruford doesn't join Crimson, after Fripp leaves Crimson in 1974, he will form the group Discipline with himself, Bruford, Tony Levin and Adrian Belew. Every Crimson lineup post-1981 in OTL will be the lineup of Discipline in this TL. I feel that this trio King Crimson to be kind-of like or even replace Genesis in the new TL.
What about Wetton?

Last edited:
What about Wetton?
Wetton will form U.K from 1972-75 instead of 1977-80 with the lineup being as OTL for that group. After Roger Waters has a nervous breakdown, he leaves Pink Floyd in 1978, going on to have a successful solo career, starting with The Wall. However, in the Floyd, this leaves the spot open to Mr Wetton. Gilmour, Wright, Mason and Wetton become the most well-known lineup of Floyd (pretty much being a mix of Floyd, the Floyd's solo careers, Asia and John's solo career). John, Keith, Greg and Wright will survive in this TL.

Last edited: