Air Force roundels and markings thread

Can you give me a link of this TL?

Nope. It's on hiatus, I'm still doing new research for it. The original version written so far needs serious reworking. But there is a minor Polowank in that TL, with the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth establishing some small overseas colonies. Hence why I think those roundels make the Polowank even greater. Mine was relatively restrained.

And I thought my The Fox and the Lillies TL had quite a big Polowank. :D

But they look very nice. :cool:
Thanks for appreciating.

Actually, I am thinking of a timeline about this, it's possible title is Churros and Paluszki. It's timeline is set when Joanna married a Jagellion instead of a Hapsburg.

Last edited:
Crossposting this from the other air force roundel thread. Warning, giant image !

Kolekcia VZ.png

All the roundels I've made for the Sparrow Avengers setting up until now. They are only about a third of all the roundels I need to make for the setting's ATL countries. As for the ones seen in this collection : All of them are fully canon.

Last edited:
Roundel of the Zemplín Federation Air Militia from my Sparrow Avengers universe.

This is the more complex version of the roundel, containing three heraldic figures taken from the traditional Zemplín and Ung county coats of arms, in addition to the main colours (also referencing the colours of the same CoAs). These figures are, obviously, an argent fish, a vert bunch of grapes and an or ear of corn.

ZF Výsostný znak.png

Last edited:
Roundel of the Zemplín Federation Air Militia from my Sparrow Avengers universe.

Here's a simpler variant of the roundel, the standard air force roundel. This one is actually used more frequently by the Air Militia, for individual small aircraft. The more complex roundel is most often seen on the Air Militia's few zeppelins.

ZF Výsostný znak (Jednoduchý variant).png

Last edited:
Air force roundel of the Transcarpathian Republic from my Sparrow Avengers universe. A traditional insignia of the country's air force, the gules bear handprint at its centre led to the marking being nicknamed "The Bear Paw" by the AF's pilots and ground personnel.

ZUR Výsostný znak (Medvedia laba).png

Last edited:
Speculative Armoured Fighting Vehicles

And thinking of it I probably shouldnt have posted it here as this is about aircraft markings

I'm getting a very strong Obama vibe from this one.

I swear, total accident ! :D :eek:

The later Šariš roundel is this one (but I confess I need to rework it, the uppermost wave is thicker than the others and I noticed that mistake far too late).

Speculative Armoured Fighting Vehicles

And thinking of it I probably shouldnt have posted it here as this is about aircraft markings

Oh, okay. :) I was just curious.

Last edited:
Hey, Petike, how'd you like to help me with Madness roundels? I totally suck at making them for some reason. I could send you a list of the countries and give you some ideas for a few, and let you have fun with the rest. :D

Hey, Petike, how'd you like to help me with Madness roundels? I totally suck at making them for some reason. I could send you a list of the countries and give you some ideas for a few, and let you have fun with the rest. :D

Compile your basic ideas on the shape, colours and placement of additional symbols in the roundels for the four other NA countries outside of the RU and send them to me via PM. I'll send you some preliminary versions and you can criticque them if needed.

If I can give you any advice : If a nation already has some state insignia with a distinctive shape, you might adopt that shape for the whole roundel or some of its inner parts.

In the meantime, I'm going to make a roundel for the RU, since you've already provided it in one of your older propaganda posters for that TL.