Air Force One Really Hijacked in 2009

In 2009 Air Force One was used in a photo op to take pictures of it flying with a F-16 over Manhattan and the Statue of Liberty and caused panic on the streets. What if instead of being a miscommunication it was actually a real case of a successful hijacking (presumably by a radical Muslim terrorist) and was used to crash into a famous New York City landmark such as the Statue of Liberty or the under construction One World Trade Center?

First said terrorist(s) are going to have to get passed Andrews AFB gate security. Then they are going to have to make their way to the flight line and battle their way through the Secret Service. Finally, assuming they get the plane into the air, the Air Force will shoot it down before it gets to NYC

First said terrorist(s) are going to have to get passed Andrews AFB gate security. Then they are going to have to make their way to the flight line and battle their way through the Secret Service. Finally, assuming they get the plane into the air, the Air Force will shoot it down before it gets to NYC

Didn't Richard Marcinko claim they penetrated ANdrews AFB and got on board of AF1? ;) Byt as you said, they wouldn't fly to far.

What if the President was on it?

what if the president was the radical muslim? :eek::eek::eek:

Then it would not be a hijacking as surely the President as Commander-in-Chief is fully within his rights to order where the Air Force One should be flown to... It might still be called a terrorist strike, though, perhaps one of the first ever perpetrated by a president against his own nation.

Then it would not be a hijacking as surely the President as Commander-in-Chief is fully within his rights to order where the Air Force One should be flown to... It might still be called a terrorist strike, though, perhaps one of the first ever perpetrated by a president against his own nation.

Trail of Tears?

Torqumada

He will leave the plane by using an escape pod, crash somewhere in New York City, be taken hostage by a gang and and then be rescued by a former special forces soldier who has to do this or end up in a prison for the rest of his life. After some hair-raising urban combat between the ex-soldier and the gang, the president would be saved and he can attend an all-important international event guaranteeing peace in our time.

Come to think of it, it would make for a decent plot usable in a 1980s action film.

He will leave the plane by using an escape pod, crash somewhere in New York City, be taken hostage by a gang and and then be rescued by a former special forces soldier who has to do this or end up in a prison for the rest of his life. After some hair-raising urban combat between the ex-soldier and the gang, the president would be saved and he can attend an all-important international event guaranteeing peace in our time.

Come to think of it, it would make for a decent plot usable in a 1980s action film.

it would, but I would hope there wouldn't be a sequel to it...

To be pedantic, one shouldn't be asking that question as Air Force One is a call sign used for any USAF aircraft the President is on; if Air Force One is hijacked, the President would be onboard, and for that reason probably the toughest security regime in the world will apply, and so a hijacking would be virtually impossible I'm sure. But of course what the original post is asking is What If Boeing VC-25 tail number 28000 is hijacked. And even then, if the aircraft is seized on the ground as it seems is being suggested, it's not even a classical highjacking, so the real question is, what if tail number 28000 is stolen and taken for a joyride and/or terrorist mission? ;)

A joyride would be better of course for a multitude of reasons, not least of them that it'd take a man (or woman) with some serious balls to do it and that they'd enter into popular culture as a 21st century D.B. Cooper. It's too bad the 747 doesn't have an aft airstair to parachute out of... :p

Perhaps a terrorist sympathizer could hide his beliefs so well that he could work his way up into being an Air Force One pilot?

Hahaha a very funny joke man...... Well I hope thats a joke cause that just sound like some plot from a Hollywood Movie man. Any pilots of the plane would have their backgrounds, beliefs and life check re check and double check just to even have a chance to fly that plane. The sympathizer would need to have the credentials to be chosen. i.e a veteran of the American military and any sympathizer is just liable to get caught.

I agree that it is impossible, but in the spirit of making it more realistic, what about a right wing, McVeigh type guy? I doubt it (background/mental test, I bet), and I bet the rest of the cabin would attack him (hard to conspire at this level, how would you even bring it up?), and the rest of the plane soon after. But it either this or the deepest sleeping Soviet agent, I guess.

What if instead of the Real Boeing VC-25 tail number 28000, it was a Repainted 747 being used to confuse the issue.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
Well if he's on board the POTUS (any one, just to get this out of current politics) will be deemed incapacitated under the 25th Amdendment and the VP will take over.

It is vastly more likely that the U.S. would blow the aircraft out of the sky than negotiate with any terrorist organization. It might be possible that the U.S. would wait for the aircraft to land and try the whole DEVGRP/Delta take-down of the aircraft. You have to figure the aircraft would land in either the U.S. or a friendly state, no unfriendly foreign Nation State is going to want to even be remotely considered as party to this so landing rights would be denied and the plane taken down, even if they allowed it to land the country would throw out every red carpet it had in welcoming the American forces in and give every bit of legitimate aid they could to the success of any rescue attempt.

The group that claimed responsibility or was fingered for it would be hunted down and killed to the last man. If they thought the bin Laden search was big...

If it was a nation state, well, they committed the most serious act of war against the U.S. since Pearl Harbor. Ask the folks who survived the B-sans how that went for them