Air and Space Photos from Alternate Worlds.

last i checked, the airplane designs didn’t include sexy japanese ladies. correct me if i’m wrong.
Red hair, green eyes, She doesn't look Japanese to me. A lot of countries in WWII did use women pilots to ferry planes from the factories to air bases.

Fictional Fokker D.VII color scheme loosely based on Jasta 7 standard and speculative color scheme of Breguet 14 in Chinese service
black_fokker__blue_skies_by_colorcopycenter-dbksy3c.png

Kaze

Banned
Albatross and Terror, by Verne. But neither of Robur's vehicles are airships, they are heavier-than-air.

I am using the original naval definition of "ship". In the navy - a boat can fit atop a ship, but a ship cannot sit atop a boat. If you go by the lengths given in Verne's books - both fit in the category of "ship" and not "boat". Therefore they are "Air-ships." Heavier than Air crafts can be called "airships" - for example, the Boeing B-17 Liberator had been called an "airship" due to its size and the number of bombs it carried.

Another cross-post from Ocean of Storms. Apollo 15's LEM "Orion" touches down atop a lava tube ridge in the Mare Serenitatis in 1971, allowing astronauts Jack Crichton and Bill Anders to explore this strange feature up close, whilst Stu Roosa keeps vigil in orbit aboard the CSM "Enterprise".

1IykdDp.jpg

That girl really gets around.
yes
Fokker D.VII in fictional ROCAF colors. In regards to plausibility of markings, only the rudder flash, engine cowling script, and upper wing roundels are particularly historical, the rest is made up whole cloth
the_warlord_s_aviatrix_by_colorcopycenter-dbyioiz.png

I think by the time the ROCAF adopted the "White Sun, Blue Sky" roundel, the Fokker D.VII would have been verging on obsolescence, but considering the amount of surplus First World War vintage aircraft that was fielded by the air forces of the neighboring states in the region and the various warlord cliques, it probably would have remained a viable aircraft in that environment. They did see a lot of service in contemporaneous conflicts in Eastern and Central Europe after 1918, when they were transferred as reparations or loot to the various newly independent states of the region.

Last edited:
I am using the original naval definition of "ship". In the navy - a boat can fit atop a ship, but a ship cannot sit atop a boat. If you go by the lengths given in Verne's books - both fit in the category of "ship" and not "boat". Therefore they are "Air-ships." Heavier than Air crafts can be called "airships" - for example, the Boeing B-17 Liberator had been called an "airship" due to its size and the number of bombs it carried.
Such craft, HtA and held aloft by horizontal props, are usually called Aeronefs to differentiate them. There's a wargame based around them and they also appear in much Victorian science fiction such as The Angel of the Revolution.

Plus the Chinese of the period had a love affair with the Mauser pistols. Especially the stocked versions. Along with the Astra etc
They did like the boxed cannon. Hence the Shanxi 17.