Air and Space Photos from Alternate Worlds.

I don't think this one has been seen yet. The roundels are my default ones. The intake is my current favorite, since I saw one on an experimental F-16.

Typhoon2.png

The ISS 2, after the destruction of the First ISS, America went "back to Basic's" in the design of it's replacment. The new built Shuttle's Intrepid, Midway, Odyessey,and The Spirit of Columbia.(these were the first batch of the 2'nd prouduction run of Space Shuttle Oribters), were used in the constuction of the Station.

ETL.jpg

Neat. It's been a morbid curiosity of what the Reich's jets would look like given a few more years of evolution.

i know. but looking at some of the ideas that did get worked on to an extent, ya got to wonder.

The Ta-183 was one idea that serious work was done on. prototype were just a few month's from being completed.

ta-183.jpg

The ISS 2, after the destruction of the First ISS, America went "back to Basic's" in the design of it's replacment. The new built Shuttle's Intrepid, Midway, Odyessey,and The Spirit of Columbia.(these were the first batch of the 2'nd prouduction run of Space Shuttle Oribters), were used in the constuction of the Station.

It kind of looks like a giant space dildo, no offense.

Given that their jets wouldn't have worked beyond what they had...no you don't. However, the designs are rather artwork-worthy!

How can something so evil be so cute? :D

While that's an extremely nicely done model of an external-tank-derived wet lab station (apparently intended to launch via something like the Aft Cargo Carrier?), I do have to say that's a pretty unlikely TL. If somebody proposed spending money to build new orbiters, I'd protest it as a waste considering that Shuttle did very litle other rockets couldn't have done at much less cost and effort. Also, since I don't see a single non-US element in it, why call it ISS 2?

While that's an extremely nicely done model of an external-tank-derived wet lab station (apparently intended to launch via something like the Aft Cargo Carrier?), I do have to say that's a pretty unlikely TL. If somebody proposed spending money to build new orbiters, I'd protest it as a waste considering that Shuttle did very litle other rockets couldn't have done at much less cost and effort. Also, since I don't see a single non-US element in it, why call it ISS 2?

i found the picture here
http://www.lafayetteinc.com/index.php?title=External_Tank_Laboratory

New Shuttle's i am thinking of an Multi-nation Shuttle Fleet Based on the American one but with upgrade's backed up with a Shuttle-C type's launched from multiple sites.

(mabe other types of Shuttle Drivied Launchers here.)

Station Name, ISS 1, =OTL Mir, hence the name.

The TL, i am thinking of is one where they is more intence interest in going into space.(mabe for some "compelling" reason?:rolleyes:)

( i am looking for a "shoped" pic of Soviet Shuttle docked to a space station. this one or another.[damn shame about that program.:rolleyes:])

it's just a idea for a TL that i got on my mind.

here is a pic's of what i image the the extra Module's to be.

ETL_Config3.png

From a TL where the Apollo-Soyuz Test Project was expanded to a series of joint space station flights linking up the Skylab-B with the Salyut 3 space station.:cool:

Skylabsalyut4.jpg

What in the... would that really work? :eek:

Please tell me it would work.

It could be done and was proposed. I know the picture's from Beyond Apollo's recent post about the idea. It's interesting, but the politics are kinda tricky. Plus as impressive as it would be, it'd have had a pretty short lifespan--only a year or two if that. Neither Salyuts nor Skylab were designed for much in the way of long-term use.

It could be done and was proposed. I know the picture's from Beyond Apollo's recent post about the idea. It's interesting, but the politics are kinda tricky. Plus as impressive as it would be, it'd have had a pretty short lifespan--only a year or two if that. Neither Salyuts nor Skylab were designed for much in the way of long-term use.

Well yes they were not designed for long term use but that was because they knew perfectly well the designs were bound to have major flaws due to the lack of experience.

Skylab had had a film vault to with one big safe type door and lots of a small compartment for each film reel, hundreds of them. No one saw a problem until they flew the mission, and every time the door was opened ALL the film rolls would pop out and have to be rounded up from all over the habitat. It was christened 'Jack in the box effect.":eek:

There were lots of problems like that, - the water was all carbonated by the pressurisation system, causing food bags to explode - all good for learning proper free fall design. The Salyut stations were a similar lean by doing exercise.:cool:

So the short lifespan is not a problem. Use for a while, learn what you can, design a new one with that experience, rinse and repeat.

I think docking either Soyuz or Apollo would be a high pucker-factor operation, too, given the location of the docking module vs. the solar panels. :eek: