Air and Space Photos from Alternate Worlds.

RAF Wing Commander's mount

spitfire_by_colorcopycenter-d8p536c.png

If the Wolfman Genius is taking requests;
How about a C-46 Commando, converted to a gunship, ala the AC-47 Spooky; but in Belgian Congo / South African service? :)

I just finished a book about Neil Armstrong. He bailed from a Panther in Korea. I wondered what a Panther would look like with a J-65 with A/B. No wonder.

0Panntera.png

I just finished a book about Neil Armstrong. He bailed from a Panther in Korea. I wondered what a Panther would look like with a J-65 with A/B. No wonder.
Like an F9F Panther had an incestuous relationship with an F11F Tiger (with was originally designated as F9F-9)...

I don't know why there's never been a timeline about an early Wyvern, side-stepping the power plant bollocks with a simple Griffon installation.

0Wyvern.png

HMS Invincible right? Can't say I envy the pilot. Maybe your Griffon engined Wyvern is a successor to the later Merlin engined Seafire.

Maybe your Griffon engined Wyvern is a successor to the later Merlin engined Seafire.

Choosing the right engine, or having the right engine available, can shave a decade of development time off a service aircraft, meaning not service in WWII certainly, but Korea instead of Suez.