Aiding And Abetting: World-M, a cooperation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to break it to you, but, er, the original creator has already done this (just in equirectangular rather than Robinson, and also not aliased). Here.

We know. It's not a World-M, it's a Eq-H-Bad-Bam.

In World-M related news, I have a few World-Ms directly translated into Worlda color format.

Attachments

• World_M_Worldacolors.png
    World_M_Worldacolors.png
    77.6 KB · Views: 3,162
Here's a bit of a start:
lrUwcY6.png

I really hate the Maine borders; I couldn't find a way to really do them right (and it looks awkwardly big).

I really hate the Maine borders; I couldn't find a way to really do them right (and it looks awkwardly big).
Everything looks that way on this map, IMO, because of how close it is in size to WorldA. Once the rest is done, it'll feel more appropriate, as you'll compare things to each other.

Anyway, since it hasn't actually been posted here, here's the elevation map again.
World_M_Elevation_Beta.png

I agree with @TheBatman on this issue. Also, thanks to @DPKdebator for starting on usable borders! How do you do such things? Just enlarge Worlda or search (on the internet?) for appropriate borders?

EDIT: I want to finish the whole spectrum of maps. We should sticky the thread!

Micro-Worlda
Worlda
WorldM
QBAM
(intermediate stage?)
MBAM
HBAM
VBAM
He-BAM
FY-BAM

I think you should reverse the shading for the green part, so it transitions better into the white/purple.
I went ahead and tried this out: I directly reversed the colour scheme for the greens.

World_M_Elevation_Beta_ColourChange.png

I still thought it looked a bit weird, so I tried out another one, where IMO you can still tell the elevations apart, but the colour differences are a bit calmer. Though in the end, all that matters is that we can tell the colours apart.

World_M_Elevation_Beta_ColourChangeB.png

I like the last colour scheme the best. Much better than my original one which looks a bit tacky with the bright colours.

I'm surprised to see World-M still going to be honest. I kinda just made it on a whim and never got around to finishing it.

Attached is the topographical map with the rivers I drew on World-m ages ago and never quite finished, just to see what it looks like.
world_m_geographical.png

Last edited:
I like the last colour scheme the best. Much better than my original one which looks a bit tacky with the bright colours.

I'm surprised to see World-M still going to be honest. I kinda just made it on a whim and never got around to finishing it.

Attached is the topographical map with the rivers I drew on World-m ages ago and never quite finished, just to see what it looks like.View attachment 317487

Yeah! @TheBatman dug it up again in the Map Thread, and I would love to play map games and such things on a map which is not quite as big as QBAM, still uploadable directly, but bigger than Worlda!

Let us finish WorldM and also make an OTL WorldM at least. If possible, also historical ones.

EDIT: What is the scale of WorldM to Worlda? 1.5 to 1? 2 to 1?

Can we build on your help, too, or not really?

I'll see what I can do. I wrote the map projection info in the bottom left corner so the map can be easily duplicated in something like GProjector. This could make borders and stuff a lot easier to trace and work out with such a program involved.

I hope you don't mind but, can you put al the countries on this map because I'm making my own AlternateHistory Map of the movie 2012 (2009) A film by Roland Emmerich of the world falls apart on Decemeber 21, 2012 so please make this map with countries I'm already making the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.