AHF Magazine (from Wolfian Press)

Grey Wolf

Gone Fishin'
Donor
AHF Magazine is a quarterly publication, featuring alternate history, science fiction, urban fantasy and near-genres, as well as a range of poetry. Art, press releases, and articles on writing in the genres feature frequently.
The magazine is open-submission and does not claim copyright on anything. Full Terms and Conditions can be found here

So far, Wolfian Press has published ten issues, with the newest (#10) out for January 2020. Each issue gets a webpage of its own, listing the sales locations and highlighting some of the content in the magazine.
It is sold in print, in kindle, and in epub at various retailers such as Kobo, B&N for Nook, Scribd etc.

AHF Magazine is listed on Duotrope at

The magazine welcomes submissions from people on this board, and queries can be DM'ed to me here. The submission email is editor@wolfianpress.com

Grey Wolf

Gone Fishin'
Donor
Issue 10 of AHF Magazine published for Winter 2019-2020

The main purchase locations for AHF Magazine #10 are :-
Print - https://www.amazon.co.uk/AHF-Magazine-10-Grey-Wolf/dp/1653630620?
Kindle - https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B083D4DMRV/
All Epub Links - https://books2read.com/u/bxvVXo

AHF Magazine is a quarterly publication dedicated to alternate history, urban fantasy, science fiction, and near genres, as well as being a haven for emotive and experimental poetry. Issue 10 has a cover photograph by the author, in memoriam to Bella cat. The issue contains part 2 of the serialised story The Umbramon by Kaz Morran, and the lead story is Stasis by Joe Jablonski. L.G. Parker writes on Saving The Empire, a World War Two what-if, whilst there are stand-alone stories from Richard Comerford, Prashanth Srivatsa, Tyler Bourassa, Seb Looney, Robert Knox, James Mallinson, Dell Newton, and Susan O'Neal. Poetry comes from Holly Day, John Grey, Brian G. Davies, Michael Lee Johnson, and Richard Stevenson.

f
ahf-magazine-10-45pc.jpg

Best Regards
Grey Wolf

Grey Wolf

Gone Fishin'
Donor
AHF Magazine is happy to carry official press releases for free, and welcomes articles on the creations of people's books, series, their worlds, and their writing. It also carries paid advertising at £10 an issue

An example of an article on the creation of a series can be found in issue 9, with George Kearton writing on creating "The House of Stuart Sequence", an imagined history now numbering nine volumes, and published by Sealion Press.

Last edited:

Thomas27

Banned
Paid advertising at £10 an issue simes affordable, but I was wondering how large is tour audience?

Grey Wolf

Gone Fishin'
Donor
Issue 11 is now scheduled for 24th March, with the closing date for submissions the 9th March 2020 - though if we know one is coming, we can wait for another week for it to actually arrive

Grey Wolf

Gone Fishin'
Donor
Is it just AH or can other SF stories be taken?

The general guidelines say alternate history, steampunk, contemporary science fiction, and urban fantasy. I have often as editor taken my own interpretation on the scifi, it really just depends on the story. I've certainly had at least one set in space.

Grey Wolf

Gone Fishin'
Donor
Issue 11 is being completed this week as the Summer issue, for my 50th birthday week. Issue 12 is planned for late September for my dad's birthday week.

Grey Wolf

Gone Fishin'
Donor
Issue 11 is now live in all formats77

AHF Magazine 11 paperback

AHF Magazine 11 kindle

AHF Magazine 11 Epub
This URL lists locations for Barnes and Noble, Kobo, Scribd etc

ahf-mag-11-double-cover.jpg

ahf m11 banner.jpg

A big thank you to all the contributors!

For further news and information, follow
www.facebook.com/alternatehistoryfiction

Grey Wolf

Gone Fishin'
Donor
I am closing AHF Magazine down

The failure to get issue 13 out on time has dragged on and is now irrevocable.

I simply don't have the time/energy to do this anymore.

Thank you to everyone who contributed, helped, supported or purchased the magazine. Issues 9 to 12 will remain on sale for some months, as per the 2-year agreement with the contributors.

Beset Rearguards
Grey Wolf

Grey Wolf

Gone Fishin'
Donor
Issues 9,10,11 and 12 remain in publication

If anyone wants a prior issue DM me and I can kick it back into publication if it is within the next couple of months

Eventually one issue will remain live permanently as the sample issue. This is probably going to be issue 12

Grey Wolf

Gone Fishin'
Donor
@Ian the Admin please can you unstick this thread?

The magazine is dead. One day something may rise from the ashes

I haven't unpublished all what I intended to yet because Amazon screwed up the orders for the back issues, so I have to do them again some time when I have money

Thank you for pinning the thread whilst it was worth it

Best Regards
Grey Wolf