AHCWI: Rome Colonizes Jutland?

The Roman Empire was very much a mediterranean empire, with its core hugging the shores of the great Mare Nostrum. However, it certainly wasn't against expansion away from the inland sea- Britain and bits of Crimea being the biggest examples. So i was wondering if there was a way for Rome to box in the north sea, and to that end i came up with a roman colonization of Jutland/northern denmark?
wierd rome thing.png

I don't think this would really benefit the empire as a whole- maybe it even hastens the fall. But it would butterfly most of the tribes that invaded Britain, leaving it celtic. But that's all i really have

Starforce

Banned
I am unsure. I wonder if they would use it as a launching point into Scandinavia, they would want land connections to it through Germania.

Why on Earth would Rome do that? It's a flat, freezing (by Italian standards), resourceless country populated by hostile and cultureless fisher-farmers. To get there you have to hug the North Sea Coast, unable to land anywhere for fear of being torn to pieces by the Frisii and Saxones, or go over land and cross the entirety of Germania - where Rome didn't exactly have a great track record. And once you're there you don't get anything save, possibly, a very marginally better route for amber, which you still don't control, unless friendly ASBs help you to build a merchant navy on the northern edge of the world.

I think any resources devoted to this scheme could be better allocated to the Parthian front. As, probably, would every single Roman.

Last edited: