AHC/WI Scotland Qualified For 1994 World Cup?

I've seen a few topics regarding WI TL's regarding England making it to the 1994 World Cup and the odd topic too of Wales making it as well, but oddly I haven't seen one regarding What if Scotland actually making it to the USA in 1994. I am making a similar idea for my TL, but it would be interesting to think how Scotland would've coped Stateside in the heat and humidity, probably not that great mind you.

So let's say if Scotland won more games in qualifying than they did, how far could they have gone? Would they had flopped like they always do or would the best ranked third placed team actually help them get through to the knockout stage? It's interesting to think that a decent run in the USA might have some positive effects for Scotland in Euro '96 for perhaps something greater than OTL. Interesting to hear what others might think how they might've got on, maybe even perhaps as a bonus have England and Wales too along for the ride too?

When i did my alternate Argentina 78... I thought in Scotland for a slot in 1994, but the thing Scotland went 4th in his group, before Portugal and far behind the second one made myself desist...perhaps by winning at least by the minimal to Portugal and to Switzerland in Glasgow and in Aberdeen maybe it could scratch a vanguard position, but at that time the victory awarded two points so that Scotland would have reached 13 points and it would still be short...maybe beating Italy from home, rescue another additional point, Scotland had it difficult at that time

Well , perhaps if Scotland goes to the Group of Russia instead of Greece, for example, that would be a good chance to qualify to USA 94 and even a chance to win its group in the WQC 1994

Last edited: