AHC/WI: Make Fascism (or a similar ideology) take power in France before WWII

Ever since I read Neither Left Nor Right: Fascist Ideology in France by Zeev Stirnhell, I've been intrigued by his central thesis that Fascism wasn't an only Italian/German affair, and the most of the policies espoused by later fascist regimes (anti-democracy, Corporatist economics, to some extent politicized anti-semitism) were formulated by anti-parlimentarians in France well before Mussolini and Hitler.

So, what would it take for Fascism, or something similar, to be born in France?

I think it would take both a much more organized political Right in French politics and a French defeat in the First World War to get fascists or someone adjacent to them to rise to power.

Also, if we take fascist France by the 1930s as a given, how does thus effect world history? Would they be eager to make war on Germany (if they lost WWI), or would the situation be similar to Franco's Spain?

thaddeus

Donor
So, what would it take for Fascism, or something similar, to be born in France?

I think it would take both a much more organized political Right in French politics and a French defeat in the First World War to get fascists or someone adjacent to them to rise to power.

Also, if we take fascist France by the 1930s as a given, how does thus effect world history? Would they be eager to make war on Germany (if they lost WWI), or would the situation be similar to Franco's Spain?

my understanding the French government avoided direct involvement in the Spanish Civil War because they felt it could lead to a civil war or near civil war within their own country?

so possibly have a disastrous foray into Spanish Civil War, and have a Petain-led government prior to WWII, albeit they would not be exactly a fascist government but fairly close?