What is the best POD to achieve a more powerful and long lasting Taifa of Zaragoza ?
Avoiding the Almoravid in Iberia would probably be a good thing or at least having them accepts them as autonomous vassal but I would like to have Zaragoza weaken and stop the rise of Aragon early on . And how the lack of Aragon lead reconquista in the western part of Iberia will affect the reconquista ?

Last edited:
Even if Aragon is dealt with, wouldn't Catalonia (and, with it, France) still be a huge threat?
Certainly Catalonia with French renforcement and possible pseudo crusade will remain a huge threat even if probably a little easier to deal with without a aragonesse menace and possibly the origin of this ATL Taifa demise but my goal isn’t a ever lasting Taifa of Zaragoza but a stronger for some time at least and more lasting one say to 1300s which would already be very ambitious and lucky for them . So completely stoping the reconquista isn’t actually the goal even if it would be a cool and welcome but difficult thing since Al andalus is no more unified a the time of the Taifa

Certainly Catalonia with French renforcement and possible pseudo crusade will remain a huge threat even if probably a little easier to deal with without a aragonesse menace and possibly the origin of this ATL Taifa demise but my goal isn’t a ever lasting Taifa of Zaragoza but a stronger for some time at least and more lasting one say to 1300s which would already be very ambitious and lucky for them . So completely stoping the reconquista isn’t actually the goal even if it would be a cool but difficult thing
Wrong Taifa, but Seville expanded quite nicely throughout southern Iberia. Could Saraqusta do something similar by annexing Tortosa, Valencia and maybe even Toledo if things go REALLY good for them?

Reino_de_Sevilla_s._XI.png

3EF5C161-1319-44E3-8DB1-8D3EE296AB91.png
I’m not sure for Toledo would be possible but they managed to annex/vassalize subjugate Tortosa Dénia and Valencia even if the king had a bad habit of partition at succession

Last edited:
I think it’s a little to late but how about a total Zaragoza victory at the battle of Alcoraz with the dead of Peter I and Alfonso I a Aragon thrown in Chaos with the Taifa managing to follow the battle by retaking Mozón and Grause and other territories lost last decade ? Now how to avert the Almoravid conquest of Zaragoza ?

Wrong Taifa, but Seville expanded quite nicely throughout southern Iberia. Could Saraqusta do something similar by annexing Tortosa, Valencia and maybe even Toledo if things go REALLY good for them?
It seem that there we're some pro Zaragoza faction in Toledo that wanted to continue resist during the siege but I have no idea on how to make a scenario where they could actually take it and hold it