AHC: USA Annexes All of Mexico by 1920

Basically the title. This wouldn't happen all at once, but perhaps the US takes more in the Mexican Cession, then takes more in the Gasden purchase? At this point, I can't really think of a way for the US to annex all of Mexico except for maybe some shenanigans happened with the Zimmerman Telegram, and Mexico sided with the Central Powers giving the US justification for war? It seems a bit far fetched, but that's why I'm wondering about your thoughts on it.

Basically the title. This wouldn't happen all at once, but perhaps the US takes more in the Mexican Cession, then takes more in the Gasden purchase? At this point, I can't really think of a way for the US to annex all of Mexico except for maybe some shenanigans happened with the Zimmerman Telegram, and Mexico sided with the Central Powers giving the US justification for war? It seems a bit far fetched, but that's why I'm wondering about your thoughts on it.
USA wouldn't have wanted to annex Mexico. Too many catholic voters and they couldn't make it a territory for all eternity.

No way between 1900-1920. The POD would have to be a result of the Mexican - American war of 1848. Perhaps earlier involvement of the US. After all, the Alamo occurred in 1836.

Yeah you'd need a POD way much further than 1900. My line of thinking has always been that for an American conquest of Mexico, you'd need Quebec/Canadiens to join the Revolution, which means no Quebec Act, meaning the POD goes all the way back to the 1770s. This would put more Catholics in the early United States and less Protestant domination of politics, meaning that taking in Catholic Mexico would not be as radical as it seemed in the OTL United States

If you want to get this moved to pre-1900 I think this could be an interesting discussion.

With a POD of 1900 you could get the USA to annex more of northern Mexico and puppet the rest, but annexing the whole country would require an earlier POD, maybe not as far back as 1848, but certainly before 1900.

Yeah you'd need a POD way much further than 1900. My line of thinking has always been that for an American conquest of Mexico, you'd need Quebec/Canadiens to join the Revolution, which means no Quebec Act, meaning the POD goes all the way back to the 1770s. This would put more Catholics in the early United States and less Protestant domination of politics, meaning that taking in Catholic Mexico would not be as radical as it seemed in the OTL United States

If you want to get this moved to pre-1900 I think this could be an interesting discussion.
Yeah sorry, I meant to mean a POD from, say, 1800-1920, but since that range goes in between the pre-1900 and post-1900 discussion forums, I didn't really know where to put it. Since I haven't visited this website in a while, in order to move this, do I just copy and paste the question, or something else?