AHC: Top Gear War

What if Top Gear (UK) caused a minor-major diplomatic rift while filming one of there overseas adventures? And what if it led to a shooting war?

I was watching their Middle East Special came to mind. I know a great deal of the situations may be staged, but things can always get out of hand.

What if Top Gear (UK) caused a minor-major diplomatic rift while filming one of there overseas adventures? And what if it led to a shooting war?

I was watching their Middle East Special came to mind. I know a great deal of the situations may be staged, but things can always get out of hand.

While Clarkson and the lads are well able to offend the PC brigade I can't see that, even when May got lost and tried to head into Zimbabwe or the lads "turning up" at the Iran border wouldn't cause anything.

At the end of the day they're only three celebs and most countries want them in the country to advertise.

If they did course a war it would be the fastest war.....in the world.

"Some say it started with a racially charged comment about the Queen. Others say it started with a spot of tea. All we know is it's called WWIII."

010908-a-mph08_opt.jpg

we all know that when clarkson perishes quite a large amount of people will cheer :p

that day then forever known as CE-day (clarkson exit)

them starting a war is unlikely though, but i could see them getting shot, stoned to death or otherwise assaulted by angry locals.

Deleted member 40957

They can't cause a war, but they could be blamed for one. You just have to get them in the right place at the right time (Libya in 2011, maybe? Gaddafi liked publicity).

If a war breaks out for unrelated reasons while Clarkson &co. are there causing trouble, Top Gear could get blamed for the conflict by the same moronic segments of the media that gave ludicrous reasons for the Arab Spring in OTL (like Tom Friedman claiming it was caused by Google Earth).

They can't cause a war, but they could be blamed for one. You just have to get them in the right place at the right time (Libya in 2011, maybe? Gaddafi liked publicity).

If a war breaks out for unrelated reasons while Clarkson &co. are there causing trouble, Top Gear could get blamed for the conflict by the same moronic segments of the media that gave ludicrous reasons for the Arab Spring in OTL (like Tom Friedman claiming it was caused by Google Earth).

Well the idea came to me because they were in Iraq, tried to get into Iran, cut through Kurd Turkey into Syria, through Jordan into Israel.

Something Syria related seems to be the best bet.

Well the idea came to me because they were in Iraq, tried to get into Iran, cut through Kurd Turkey into Syria, through Jordan into Israel.

Something Syria related seems to be the best bet.