AHC: The White Russian Movement wins the Russian Civil War

Is it possible that the White Russian Movement could have won the Civil War in Russia against the Bolsheviks? What would have allowed this to be a possibility? Would have more Western intervention been necessary to achieve a lasting victory?

Bonus: How could have the Provisional Government prevented the Bolsheviks from taking over?

Also, what would be some excellent sources on the Russian Civil War, both Modern and/or contemporary to the era? I'm researching for a 1919 capstone course.

I imagine it'd splinter into a warlords era like China. The Whites were united solely in their hatred for the Reds. Other than that, not much else. The republicans and monarchists would fracture the White coalition in due time. I'm actually planning a map of a combined Sino-Russian warlord area. Just need to figure out who controls where.

You need a very early POD and basically need to avoid making the Reds look like the true Russian patriots as with all the foreign support and foreign armies helping them white were easy to be cast a the outsiders and why many people such as Brusiliov joined them. Also the Whites had no uniforming factor other than hating the reds, and it's no surprise that best white forces were united ones which were various nationalist forces. Basically the best bet is for no foreign armies and for the civil to turn into a battle between Bolsheviks and SRs and few moderate allies and gets some surviving Russian republic going

No Brest-Litovsk would cut it. And if the Bolsheviks are over that early, before all the White generals had a chance to form their armies, I figure that the Constituent Assembly would be reformed and create a Russian republic.

How stable? Not very stable, especially not with Brest-Litovsk reparations and anti-democratic forces plaguing them.