AHC: Surviving Goguryeo

As the title says, the challenge is make Goguryeo, an ancient Korean kingdom located in the present day northern and central parts of the Korean Peninsula, southern Manchuria, and southern Russian Maritime province, survives longer than OTL.

507px-History_of_Korea-476.PNG

Goguryeo at its height in 476.

Bonus points if Goguryeo or any of it's successor state lasts into modern-age.

I know very little about this time period or this region, but it seems clear enough that they need to prevent that Silla-Tang alliance somehow. Fighting on two fronts, with one of those fronts being a state as powerful as China could only end disastrously. Perhaps if they'd been able to bide their time and strike at Silla while the Tang are distracted somewhere else, they could deal with the threat in their south and then figure out a long-term solution to the Chinese threat. Some sort of tributary arrangement might be necessary, and I'd imagine that they'd likely lose some ground to the Tang before they accepted the necessity of doing so, but if they could pull that off, then I don't see why they couldn't more or less rest easy at that point, and probably absorb Baekje at their leisure.

And in the long run, so long as they avoid getting colonized by outside players later, I don't see why their dynasty or a successor couldn't survive to the modern day. And honestly, even IOTL you could argue that Goryeo was a successor to Goguryeo, and Joseon was a successor to Goryeo, so any timeline where Korea avoids annexation by Japan and keeps its independence would fulfill that condition.

I know very little about this time period or this region, but it seems clear enough that they need to prevent that Silla-Tang alliance somehow. Fighting on two fronts, with one of those fronts being a state as powerful as China could only end disastrously. Perhaps if they'd been able to bide their time and strike at Silla while the Tang are distracted somewhere else, they could deal with the threat in their south and then figure out a long-term solution to the Chinese threat. Some sort of tributary arrangement might be necessary, and I'd imagine that they'd likely lose some ground to the Tang before they accepted the necessity of doing so, but if they could pull that off, then I don't see why they couldn't more or less rest easy at that point, and probably absorb Baekje at their leisure.

And in the long run, so long as they avoid getting colonized by outside players later, I don't see why their dynasty or a successor couldn't survive to the modern day. And honestly, even IOTL you could argue that Goryeo was a successor to Goguryeo, and Joseon was a successor to Goryeo, so any timeline where Korea avoids annexation by Japan and keeps its independence would fulfill that condition.
The tang has already invaded prior in 645 and unlike the sui they had been more successful they dispersed the corean army killing 30 k taking another 30k captive and then failed to take the fortress of ansi till winter was coming and then decided to attack the emperor tried to invade again next year but failed
Later he was planing a massive invasion but died

So the tang alone could destroy the kingdom based on how they won the battle outside ansi fortress and raided deep in to corea so yes they would have to find a way for tang china not to attack them