AHC: Screw Russia, China, and Communism with a 1985 POD.

So that's our timeline. Aside for a few outliers like Nepal, communism is discredited and has no political power anywhere.
What i meant is that communist (Marxist-Leninist) one-party states no longer exist and no new one can appear again, while TTL Russia and China completely collapsed into warlordism.

What i meant is that communist (Marxist-Leninist) one-party states no longer exist and
no new one can appear again, while TTL Russia and China completely collapsed into warlordism.
The two requirements contradicts each other. A civil war means one of the two/more sides would more or less cling on to the Communist past.

A unified China abandoning its communist trapping was easier than you think. It’s part of the conditions for a reunion with Taiwan in the 1980s, I mean, as long as the RoC was more positive towards the olive branches, a formally non-communist state could be possible.

Emperor_Coz

Banned
With the POD being Gorbachev's rise to power in 1985, make sure that the countries of Russia and China, and the ideology of Communism, gets screwed so hard that they may not be able to rise again.

My answers:
  • The Tiananmen Square Massacre escalates into a second Chinese civil war which eventually led to the total collapse of the PRC and the second Chinese warlord era. With too many factions claiming to be the legitimate government of China, the Chinese seat in all international organizations is left vacant. The effects of the second warlord era spreads to North Korea, Vietnam, and Laos, causing the collapse of those regimes. Laos restores it's monarchy, South Vietnamese exiles return to their home country, while South Korea annexes the North.
  • The 1991 August Coup attempt escalates into a Soviet civil war (Second Russian Civil War) which led to a worse and total collapse of the USSR and possibly, a Russian warlord era.
  • While the USSR is collapsing, a rebellion began in Cuba against the regime, influenced by the anti-coup rebellions in the USSR. The US uses this as a chance to overthrow the Cuban regime. The US funds the rebellion and sends troops there to aid the rebels. Due to the lack of Soviet aid to the regime, the rebellion is successful. Cuban exiles return to their home country.
  • Without Soviet and Cuban aid, the US uses this as a chance to send troops to help the UNITA in Angola and the RENAMO in Mozambique. Both factions successfully overthrow the communist governments in both countries.
Meteor hits Earth on the scale of the Dinosaurs.It will destroy Capitalism as well,but achieves your goal.