AHC: Save the Auroch

As it says on the tin: Have a wild population of Auroch (or many populations) survive into the present day.

That would require a very liberal conservative movement in the middle ages.

Conservation did not become vogue until the 1980's. I supposed that you can have one specimen somehow trapped in ice and they use DNA to bring them back in the future,

1) it's aurochs. The german ochs is the same as the English ox, and the s is part of the root, not a plural.
2) they survived until 1600s, so getting a tiny relict population to survive should be possible. Like the Wisent, the european bison.

If they the survive another century or so, some crazy Englishman might start breeding them. (Like Père David's Deer)

Riain

Banned
I don't think it's too out there for some king or noble to preserve a herd somewhere, like was done with the Wisent and other animals in royal menageries.

Could it survive by simply being domesticated somewhere in its original form, without being bred to produce cattle?

"The causes of extinction were hunting, a narrowing of habitat due to the development of farming, and diseases transmitted by domestic cattle."

~Wikipedia

Another thing to note is that it they were tracked and hunted. If you get a noble to track and conserve his own herd methodically for hunting, as others have said, you might be able to save it, though it would have a low gene pool. In addition, I'm not sure how likely a noble is to realize it would be worth it to save a herd. You might try getting a population isolated on an island or something, but that could lead to extinction as well, because sooner or later humans would find the island and hunt the truly "trapped" population to extinction.
That would require a very liberal conservative movement in the middle ages.

That's quite an oxymoron you've got there, even though "conservative" in this sense means "environmental conservation".

Modern European cattle probably are bred from the aurochs. Or at least that's what I read.

Diseases from the cattle helped kill them off as well.