Chapman

Donor
IOTL, Herman Cain ran for President in both the 2000 and 2012 Elections. His campaigns never saw great success, and he withdrew from the Republican primaries in both cases. Your challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to have Cain become President at some point. Whether he wins one of the two campaigns he ran, or runs another and wins is up to you.

IOTL, Herman Cain ran for President in both the 2000 and 2012 Elections. His campaigns never saw great success, and he withdrew from the Republican primaries in both cases. Your challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to have Cain become President at some point. Whether he wins one of the two campaigns he ran, or runs another and wins is up to you.

I'm afraid this is ASB- sorry!- unless you can
figure out a way to keep under wraps the
revelation that he fooled around. Once this
came out in 2012 IOTL he was toast.

Last edited:
A politicians dirty laundry that was revealed in OTL not being revealed in an ATL is hardly ASB-level.

Maybe have him win the Republican primary and senate race in Georgia that he ran for in 2004?

At the very least it would give him a greater degree of prominence, credibility, and campaign experience (maybe preventing, or at least reducing, the number of gaffes he made). Plus, since he fits the Sarah Palin “maverick role,” I could see McCain possibly picking him as his running mate in 2008 (McCain/Cain!). Of course, it’s unlikely McCain would win, but that’d set Cain up well for 2012.

Edit: And now that I think about it, even IOTL he probably could’ve done well in the 2016 primaries had Trump not won, so there’s that option too.

A politicians dirty laundry that was revealed in OTL not being revealed in an ATL is hardly ASB-level.

One would think so Drizzt but I vividly
remember how, just about the minute
Cain's, uh love life was revealed his
candidacy just withered away. Maybe
because this is the Republican Party we're
talking about here, & G.O.P. voters tend to
be insistent on demanding their candidates
follow a straight & narrow path in their
personal lives.

One would think so Drizzt but I vividly
remember how, just about the minute
Cain's, uh love life was revealed his
candidacy just withered away. Maybe
because this is the Republican Party we're
talking about here, & G.O.P. voters tend to
be insistent on demanding their candidates
follow a straight & narrow path in their
personal lives.
I wouldn’t really say this is universal, though. I mean, Trump’s had scandals in his personal life since the 80s and look where we are now! So I think there are scenarios where this isn’t a campaign killer.

Aside from that, I think the bigger point was that it’s not unreasonable that these scandals stay hidden, which is also a believeable scenario.

G.O.P. voters tend to be insistent on demanding their candidates follow a straight & narrow path in their
personal lives.

BushTrump.jpg

2016 is probably the best year for Cain, since it's a good year for Republicans overall, while the GOP is radicalized enough to go for a figure like Cain- it depends on how crowded the field is ATL.

In a President Kerry or President Gore TL, the Dems are likely to lose in 2004/2008 due to incumbency fatigue. After 12+ years in the wilderness, the GOP might be suspetible to an outsider candidate like Cain.

I think getting Cain to win the general election is easy if he runs in the right year, the question is how he's in a strong enough position to win the nomination.

Last edited:
View attachment 349637

2016 is probably the best year for Cain, since it's a good year for Republicans overall, while the GOP is radicalized enough to go for a figure like Cain- it depends on how crowded the field is ATL.

In a President Kerry or President Gore TL, the Dems are likely to lose in 2004/2008 due to incumbency fatigue. After 12+ years in the wilderness, the GOP might be suspetible to an outsider candidate like Cain.

I think getting Cain to win the general election is easy if he runs in the right year, the question is how he's in a strong enough position to win the nomination.

Good point Ulysses! But Trump has not(yet)
been caught fooling around on his CURRENT
wife; Cain was. Furthermore, I'm pretty
sure that last year IOTL he did not
receive a majority of the primary votes
cast. He also had the luck of running against
a slate of quite unappealing candidates,
whereas in 2012 Mitt was the G.O.P.
flavor of the month. Some Republicans
turned to Cain anyway but I think that many
of these voters were looking for the 1st
excuse to come along to ditch old Herman-
which in the end they did. Finally, Trump
seems to be the exception to all the rules!

He might not do so well in 2016 since he'd be up against Ben Carson who fits the whole "religious conservative black candidate" mold as well.

Can't contain the Cain!

More seriously, he'd likely do best in 2016, where there is a very strong anti-establishment tide pushing against people like Jeb! and Scott Walker. If he could avoid his various controversies coming out in 2012, and therefore did better during the primaries, but lost out to Romney anyway (Probably taking the place of Rick Santorum), he might be able to capitalize on that into 2016. Running as the Conservative who could have won the race in 2012, if not for the evil establishment shutting him out.

Herman Cain's 2016 presidential bid was extremely controversial, given his history of marital infidelity, his radical "6-6-6" tax plan, and his even more radical immigration/homeland security initiative to put ID microchips in the hand or forehead of all U.S. citizens and legal immigrants (the so-called "Mark of Cain"), which would also be used for point-of-sale enforcement of the 6% national sales tax.

Some critics claimed he was the literal Anti-Christ; but this meme may have actually helped his razor-thin victory due to Christian "accelerationism". Most voters just cited lower taxes and "her emails" as the deciding factor.

Last edited:
Herman Cain's 2016 presidential bid was extremely controversial, given his history of marital infidelity, his radical "9-6-6" tax plan, and his even more radical immigration/homeland security initiative to put ID microchips in the hand or forehead of all U.S. citizens and legal immigrants (the so-called "Mark of Cain"), which would also be used for point-of-sale enforcement of the 6% national sales tax.

Some critics claimed he was the literal Anti-Christ; but this meme may have actually helped his razor-thin victory due to Christian "accelerationism". Most voters just cited lower taxes and "her emails" as the deciding factor.

Good post Mad Bad. But I think that Cain
ran in 2012, NOT 2016. Are you talking
about Ben Carson here? (If I'm wrong
please let me know!)

Good post Mad Bad. But I think that Cain
ran in 2012, NOT 2016. Are you talking
about Ben Carson here? (If I'm wrong
please let me know!)

No, I'm presuming the country wasn't disgruntled enough to nominate Cain in 2012 (plus name confusion with McCain), but by 2016 they pick him as the radical outsider instead of Trump.

Herman Cain's 2016 presidential bid was extremely controversial, given his history of marital infidelity, his radical "9-6-6" tax plan, and his even more radical immigration/homeland security initiative to put ID microchips in the hand or forehead of all U.S. citizens and legal immigrants (the so-called "Mark of Cain"), which would also be used for point-of-sale enforcement of the 6% national sales tax.

It was 9-9-9, get it right!

His polls were slipping before all the scandals broke. U-beki-beki-beki-stan did more damage to Cain than any affairs did.