AHC: New Canadian flag

How about standard flag, but with maple syrup bottle at the middle, instead of maple leaf?

Not too bad an idea but I think this is a better concept.

31WE7iv5ksL.jpg

It's 1965, & debate is underway to replace the Red Duster.

Your mission: come up with something less boring than the Maple Leaf.;)

(My personal choice, the beaver kicking Uncle Sam's ass, is an obvious fail.:p)

Respect for national colors, & for the Quebec & Native influences, is mandatory.

This doesn't count as per the original post but. . . .

Being that the Canadian flag is Red & White.

download (8).jpg

Or for the Scottish descendants who constitute 16% of the population

51K-FG4lViL._SX425_.jpg

I know it's been years and I hate to necro a thread, knowing it will be closed; but I have to share this one I found because of just how unique it is;
y6qrs58swn301.jpg
Didn't the Comedy Channel up here use that as a gag in a parody of the ad? (Along with the Uncle Sam getting kicked in the butt, which was my fave choice. :openedeyewink: )

While we are adding colours, all those special interest groups will require their colours on a new flag: LGBT etc. rainbow.
“Black Lives Matter” will probably demand a black stripe .... even though Africans are only a tiny percentage of Canadian population. In Vancouver, dark-skinned citizens are more likely from Southern India.
Then Canadians Sikhs might demand a kirpan knife ....
Inclusivity jokes aside, a “modern reimagining” of the Canadian flag would probably try to include some element to represent the Native Americans. Which might be a problem: there are over 600 different officially-recognized tribal governments in Canada so what symbol(s) would you use to somehow represent them all?

Big Smoke

Banned
Though I've never even been to Canada, I concur with the people who say that the current, two colour flag looks like shit and the Canadian Union Jack was really nice.

I've always been partial to the Pearson Pennant:

500px-Canada_Pearson_Pennant_1964.svg.png

Not having any blue element on our flag is a pretty gross oversight, "official colours" be damned. There ought to be an acknowledgment of Quebec somehow, since it's undeniable that they've maintained a distinct identity, yet one that should still be confirmed as Canadian.

I'll be the first to admit, though, that the OTL flag is superior aesthetically. The single maple leaf is an iconic symbol, and the three leaves of the Pennant overcomplicate the design. That said, I feel like the Pennant needs the triple leaf design, since the OTL flag with blue bars instead of red would just look shitty.

gaSlHxK.png

See? The leaf becomes too dominant, and it throws off the feel of the whole thing. It looks clownish.
The Maple Leaf doesn't represent Quebec in some way? I was under the impression that the three parts of the OTL maple leaf symbol represented English speakers, Quebecois, and the First Nations peoples.

The Maple Leaf doesn't represent Quebec in some way? I was under the impression that the three parts of the OTL maple leaf symbol represented English speakers, Quebecois, and the First Nations peoples.
No element of the flag is given any official meaning or symbolism. So no, Quebec is not represented on the flag, nor is English Canada, nor First Nations nor anyone else. This was entirely intentional: the flag was designed to be neutral— without any reference to colonial history or linguistic communities— to serve as a bold, new and unifying symbol for Canada.