AHC: Modern day tyranacide more common.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your challenge if you choose to accept it is to have the killing of tyrants/authoritarian/tolitarian rulers by their own people as a political act be more common. PODS must be after 1933.
Bonus points if any of the tyranocides are successful I'm causing regime change into a more tolerante and or democratic govenmemt.

Im not sure what you're asking for specifically, but this happened all the time, so its already pretty common. Even more if you count failed attempts. The legions of bodyguards isnt just for show.

Yeah, this is a bit of a odd challenge.

Looking at history Gaddafi being killed is the most recent case of tyrannicide. Depending on your definition tyrannicide happens on a semi regular basis with at least one happening every or every other decade since 1945. If there was to be more tyrants that needed slaying by the people on a semi-regular basis then one would assume that the world would be a much more unstable place, or that the spread of free information is much more wide spread then today.

Also we have seen in several cases across the Middle East during the Arab Spring, and in both Iraq and Afghanistan that the transition from a dictatorship to a democracy and the rule of law is not at all a simple process and not one that generally allows for a benevolent government. Don't take this the wrong way, but it has been my observation that most new democracies also end up being more corrupt and far less stable then the previous dictatorship no matter how terrible the previous dictator was.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
Your challenge if you choose to accept it is to have the killing of tyrants/authoritarian/tolitarian rulers by their own people as a political act be more common. PODS must be after 1933.
Bonus points if any of the tyranocides are successful I'm causing regime change into a more tolerante and or democratic govenmemt.
Okay, I have to tip my hat to you. You found a way to parse my last warning to you about mass killing and still manage to start a thread that is solely focused on murder.

You seem to be utterly fascinated with murder, the more spectacular the better. Bit freaky actually.

Congratulation on being clever enough to find a loophole. You are still kicked for a week. This makes four in under 2 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.